Follow up balcony question...

mitchpam

After reading the responses to a recent balcony question, I have to ask this one...

How windy will it be to have a spa balcony? High up, front of the ship, in Dec? I must admit that I never even gave it a thought that it might not be quite as nice as being on deck 8 in a sandwich... and I have just recently read about the weather being "warm", so now I have a *small* concern that we won't be able to maximize our balcony usage... just wondering and hoping for some input...

Only the most forward balconies are windy. I had a balcony on the Verandah Deck on the Splendor that had two other cabins in front of it and I had no problems with winds.

Regarding the conditions... December? You've got a fair chance of it being less than ideal...

:)

Thanks Mach... I think! So I guess we will be using more of our spa privelages than our balcony... I do *love* coffee in the am and sunsets at night on the balcony... but I really don't like being COLD! Ah well... it's a cruise!! I am sure we will be fine! ( I can secretly hope for extremely co-operative weather)

After reading the responses to a recent balcony question, I have to ask this one...

How windy will it be to have a spa balcony? High up, front of the ship, in Dec? I must admit that I never even gave it a thought that it might not be quite as nice as being on deck 8 in a sandwich... and I have just recently read about the weather being "warm", so now I have a *small* concern that we won't be able to maximize our balcony usage... just wondering and hoping for some input...

I had a Spa deck balcony, 1102 on the Glory in February in the Caribbean. It was only windier than usual one evening. Its a great room and balcony, the only thing I didn't like was that the balcony was not covered.

We are in 11205 on the Dream, and I *think* it is covered, and it looks as though there is a slightly larger balony than normal (at least it looks that way in the diagram). I am pretty sure there is a partition and we are the 1st cabin on the starboard side. Here's hopin'... I mean relly, how bad could it be anyway... cruising, balcony, suite, spa?? seriouly I WILL NOT complain!!

I was on the Dream a month ago in 12219. Not sure if it was just the way the weather pattern was on that sailing, but the wind always seemed to be hitting more to the port side until we left Costa Maya to return to Florida. We had very little wind on the balcony until the last 2 days. You have covered balcony on deck 11. There is a partition on the front side that seperates you from a public deck area. Similar to partitions between balconies. If someone wanted to look around they could, but it is a seldom used deck area since you have to go through the "secret door" in the front of the spa cabin section to get to it. So you probably wont have people looking around it.

The spa area was really nice. We used it everyday. The thalasso pool, steam room and heated loungers were a nice way to end a day in port before heading to dinner. I know my next cruise in a non-spa OV will just not be the same. :(

Shawn

Well I have never been out on a side balcony without 20+ winds almost all the time, (the ship is going that speed) except in port, then that depends how the ship is turned. Sometimes more then 20+. Only place was a rear balcony that was not quite as much wind. Up front always has wind,

We are in 11205 on the Dream, and I *think* it is covered, and it looks as though there is a slightly larger balony than normal (at least it looks that way in the diagram). I am pretty sure there is a partition and we are the 1st cabin on the starboard side. Here's hopin'... I mean relly, how bad could it be anyway... cruising, balcony, suite, spa?? seriouly I WILL NOT complain!!

I don't know.....might be pretty rough. Maybe you should let me go in your place. :D

Thanks for the info on the coverage smcgoldr, good to know for sure! and I am soooo looking forward tot he spa pools and steam rooms...

CanWeGoYet... the answer is NO, I *promise* to "handle it"... no matter how high the winds...

Thanks for the info on the coverage smcgoldr, good to know for sure! and I am soooo looking forward tot he spa pools and steam rooms...

CanWeGoYet... the answer is NO, I *promise* to "handle it"... no matter how high the winds...

Darn, I was afraid you'd say that! :p

Archived