Late eDocs

So in reading through these forums, I see that eDocs are usually issued about 45 days from your saildate. I'm 25 days from my saildate and no sign of my eDocs either via email or the RCCL website. I still get the message: "You have selected to receive your documents electronically, but they are not yet available. You will receive an e-mail when your documents are ready to download."

My question: Has anyone else received their eDocs this late in the game? It's leaving me with a very narrow window to order luggage tags.

So in reading through these forums, I see that eDocs are usually issued about 45 days from your saildate. I'm 25 days from my saildate and no sign of my eDocs either via email or the RCCL website. I still get the message: "You have selected to receive your documents electronically, but they are not yet available. You will receive an e-mail when your documents are ready to download."

My question: Has anyone else received their eDocs this late in the game? It's leaving me with a very narrow window to order luggage tags.

Did you book direct or thru a TA? Either way, I'd check with whomever you booked with to find out what's happening. I would think you should have gotten the e-docs by now. We got our e-docs almost exactly 45 days out for an upcoming cruise.

We did book through a TA who seems to think everything is OK. However in searching this forum, I can't find a single example of someone who didn't receive their edocs at least 45 days in advance. I've contacted both RCCL and the TA who both claim to be waiting on the other.

It just makes me nervous, the last time I didn't get travel documents, a different TA "forgot" to credit my final deposit and we got screwed out of the honeymoon we had booked (not a cruise). I have room assignment, final payment receipt and Sign & Sail, that should be enough right? The only thing I'd need my edocs for would be proof of port transfer.

We did book through a TA who seems to think everything is OK. However in searching this forum, I can't find a single example of someone who didn't receive their edocs at least 45 days in advance. I've contacted both RCCL and the TA who both claim to be waiting on the other.

It just makes me nervous, the last time I didn't get travel documents, a different TA "forgot" to credit my final deposit and we got screwed out of the honeymoon we had booked (not a cruise). I have room assignment, final payment receipt and Sign & Sail, that should be enough right? The only thing I'd need my edocs for would be proof of port transfer.

With the SetSail and credit card and passports you are good to go.

The receipt is from the TA, who is one of the larger and more reputable cruise booking agencies. But now you've got me wondering if RCCL has received my final payment from them. This has happened to me before with a Sandals vacation, I paid the TA, got a receipt from the TA, then reservation at Sandals was cancelled due to non payment from TA (Liberty Travel). So I'm a little wary having been burned by a big TA before.

I want to say I've printed my Sign & Sail before final payment in the past. Can anyone confirm that Sign & Sail is available after 50% deposit but before final payment?

Will RCCL speak with me about the reservation being paid? Sandals would not speak to me at all regarding my reservation, referring me to the TA each time I called them.

You should be able to do your online documentation any time but to print your sign and sail it has to be paid in full and I think you should have it already. I would insist that the TA conference call you with RCI and see what the problem is. I think final payment hasn't been made but that's just my guess.

The receipt is from the TA, who is one of the larger and more reputable cruise booking agencies. But now you've got me wondering if RCCL has received my final payment from them. This has happened to me before with a Sandals vacation, I paid the TA, got a receipt from the TA, then reservation at Sandals was cancelled due to non payment from TA (Liberty Travel). So I'm a little wary having been burned by a big TA before.

I want to say I've printed my Sign & Sail before final payment in the past. Can anyone confirm that Sign & Sail is available after 50% deposit but before final payment?

Will RCCL speak with me about the reservation being paid? Sandals would not speak to me at all regarding my reservation, referring me to the TA each time I called them.

You need to have your TA do two things:

1: Provide you with the RCL Reservation Confirmation - Guest Copy showing that Final payment has been received. This is normal practice.

2: Have the TA tell RCL about your problem concerning printing your edocs. This is what the TA is being paid to do. I would talk to the TA's manager at this point. Good luck.

No, I am not using Liberty this time, I would not return to them after what happened. They made things right after an upgraded resort, but it was not our original choice.

I've just verified all charges on my credit card statement, which are listed as "ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE", so I assume the cruise line was paid directly and in full. I have the reservation # and was able to print Sign & Sail, however eDocs still remain elusive.

The only thing I did different this time was book my own Choice Air, outside of the TA. I'm not sure if that can screw up eDocs being issued, but anything is possible. I am still a little worried that I've not been able to find a single person (other than someone who booked last minute) that had a problem with getting their eDocs this close to cruise time, so I think I will pressure the TA a little further.

Rolling_Stone's, you can check and print your eDocs at http://www.rccl.com/edocs They really aren't necessary, except for proof of port transfer purchase and ordering luggage tags (which it is too late for you to do now anyway). They are handy for their listing of shore excursions, but you can get that on the ship.

Hi

I have my Set Sail Pass, however here in the Uk the TA does not send out the travel docs until between 7-10 days of travel. So if I want to try to get my selected seat on the plane, I will have to wait and take pot luck.

Regards

JO

Sounds like you're outta luck if you want luggage tags too, but maybe RCCL doesn't mail tags to the UK? Have you checked online @RCCL for them?

Phoenix, finally someone in my boat (maybe on my boat?)! This makes me feel a little better, even though we're both short on eDocs! :)

We booked a cruise 21 days away from the sail date. The edocs showed up right away on the RCI website.... Be aware that they remove the edocs from the web site some where inside of 10 days. I did my set sail pass the day we booked, and went back into the web site 2 days before we sailed to look at my docs and they were gone. I didn't know they were going to go away otherwise I would have tried to save a copy or print off the pages I wanted. I called RCI, and they said they take them down inside of 10 days and all I needed was my set sail pass. We had to get luggage tags at the pier.

We booked in late Feb for a March cruise. We used a TA and did not purchase airfare with the cruise.

My reservation says no documents available. I'm inclined to think it's another website problem.

I agree - my reservation has always shown "You have selected to receive your documents electronically, but they are not yet available. You will receive an e-mail when your documents are ready to download." Click the "View document" button underneath and guess what shows up.... I did receive an email, though, which I guess the OP has not. Unless it went to Spam.

WHOA! :eek: I just found a "Request Luggage Tags" button in the Online Check-In section. A helpful tip if you (like me) were waiting for the button to appear in the Cruise Documentation section, where I am used to seeing it.

WHOA! :eek: I just found a "Request Luggage Tags" button in the Online Check-In section. A helpful tip if you (like me) were waiting for the button to appear in the Cruise Documentation section, where I am used to seeing it.

If you found the Luggage tag request button then that means E-Docs have been issued.

To the OP - since you booked with a TA they are the only ones to have access to the Guest Ticket Booklet. RCI usually sends the TA an E-mail when the docs have been released, but sometimes the E-mail does not get sent for whatever reason. The TA needs to log into cruising power and pull up the list of docs that have been released. They can then either print and mail them to you or forward the link to you so you can pick up your docs.

Docs are usually issued at the 49 day mark, but occasionally fall through the cracks. The TA should follow through if you are within 49 days and your docs are still not available.

And just like that, I have the eDocs too. My luggage tag button shows up everywhere now.

I have a theory that either they were waiting to finalize the Choice Air arrangements included in the eDocs (flights often change times), or there was an issue that got corrected. Either way I'm resting easier! :cool:

The same statement is appearing on my reservation..."e-docs not yet available they will be sent to you electronically" but I was able to print my set sail docs after online check-in and there is a 36 page "brochure" that comes up with both our names on it, that I can view and download if I choose to. I was also able to order luggage tags...we sail in 36 days???? Do I actually need these e-docs?

If you have ChoiceAir, this is a known issue. If ANYTHING changed with your air (seat assignment, flight number, flight time, etc) RCCL's system will hold your documents. Have your TA give them a call and they can push them through.

Archived