GREAT NEWS on FCC CERTIFICATES

Elaine515

submitted mine on Thursday afternoon. Got an email back in 5 minutes saying my request would be processed in 5-7 days. Checked today and the credit was applied to my balance and it now shows an on board credit to my account. Everything seemed to work just fine.

Phooey!! Just mailed my FCC certified return receipt requested this AM. I could have saved about 6 bucks! Oh well...at least the FCC saved me money in onboard credit.

I sure liked the Princess FCCs though. The $100 you paid for the FCC was ALL the deposit you had to pay at the time you booked a new cruise. Plus, you also got onboard credit. That has probably changed by now though.

dang it, I just mailed mine certified today. Wish I saw this earlier.

This will be great for the next time.

Are all the fcc only two years now? Mine was four years I bought it in 2010.

The one I bought on the Miracle in October was for four years. The one I bought in March on the Inspiration was two.

Site is down this morning..must have something to do with the new sale email I got today...

I got fed up after trying so many times last night that I finally picked up the phone and got this great guy on the phone who helped me... He put all the information in for me, did acknowledge that they knew there was a problem with some of the IP addresses we were using and that they were working on correcting the problem...

The good news... got a confirmation email within 5 minutes of getting off the phone with him and now we'll check our account to make sure the credit has been applied...

To me, much better than mailing anything :)

Didn't work for me. I kept clicking the submit button and nothing happened :(.

It worked for me this morning. Last night I was using Google Chrome and it did not work. This morning I used MS Internet Explorer and it worked. I already received an email from CCL. :)

Iv booked and sent in a FCC 8 days before a cruise.

Someone posted the new FCCs say they cant be applied after final payment, but he/she did not post the language and since they posted a couple of other errors, Im not ready to trust this is true... just saying a poster said it says this.

Got mine in February and the guy was very quick to explain they must be posted BEFORE final payment. (so to take off the 100.00 off the price of our 7 day cruise)(gives it time to "finish" the paperwork I guess

I tried submitting the form online today. I entered all the information and then hit the submit button totally expecting it not to go through. But surprise! surprise! I got the screen saying that it had been submitted. Then I received an email from Carnival Cruise Lines - Special Programs saying that they received my email and would process it in 5 to 7 business days. So now I will have to wait and see if it gets processed. But at least it worked!!!

Sharon

Just an update. My certificate has been applied. It says $600 in payments have been applied ($500 deposit for 2, + $100 for the certificate) and $100 promotional OBC.

I don't know why it worked for me and not for so many others. I just am grateful. I hope they get this solved for everybody. It just seems that every time they make what is supposed to be an upgrade (something that would make it easier for us to use) it becomes harder---- wait, most times, impossible to use!!!!!

Sharon

Despite problems submitting (worked for my brother not for me so he entered mine) we were able to submit on Sunday, and it is all posted correctly today! So despite some bugs they need to work out certainly easier and quicker than having to put it in the mail... so thumbs up from me!

FYI-I had to hit the compatibility viewer on my windows explorer to be able to submit my cert. I suspect this is the problem most are having when entering. Good luck!

How do you do that? I can't get mine to work using either IE or Mozilla Foxfire.

* Never mind * Just figured it out and finally got it to work -- HURRAY! :D

How do you do that? I can't get mine to work using either IE or Mozilla Foxfire.

* Never mind * Just figured it out and finally got it to work -- HURRAY! :D

Okay..can someone help this old lady out and tell her how to change the "compatibility" viewer? I'm using IE and Vista OS..

Thanks..

Emmy

Okay..can someone help this old lady out and tell her how to change the "compatibility" viewer? I'm using IE and Vista OS..

Thanks..

Emmy

When you use IE up next to the address bar ( after you put in the address) there is the refresh button and also one that looks like a paper broken in half , click on that (kinda looks like it was cut zig zag)

Archived