What IS provided in cabin?

afreil

This is our first cruise. Trying to determine the things I don't need to pack. It would help to know the things that Carnival provides in the cabin. Shampoo? Hair dryer? Beach towels?

Thanks!

This is our first cruise. Trying to determine the things I don't need to pack. It would help to know the things that Carnival provides in the cabin. Shampoo? Hair dryer? Beach towels?

Thanks!

Yes to all, though some ships don't have hair dryers in the rooms. We have borrowed one from Guest Services, and/or you can ask your room steward. They also provide body wash, and an assortment of sample sized toiletries.

Mystery Shampoo---yes

Beach Towels---yes, nice ones

Blow Dryer---works great if you are a bald man, otherwise, bring your own.

There is a mini-fridge which comes stocked with sodas, beer and liquor that they hope you buy.

Bathrobes are also provided.

Only one plug in the room, so bring a power strip, a newer one or it could get confiscated.

Only newer ships have refrigerators and hair dryers... so some of the answers above are true on newer ships, but not the 9 Fantasy class ships ... as a for instance. I know Triumph is the last class before conquest and it did not have a refrigerator ... so Id say less than half the ships have them... but I didnt count.

Almost all women I know need hair conditioner... and I am not sure Id recommend the shampoo in the dispensor unless you have short hair and completely not fussy. It doesnt leave your hair very nice imo.

Not only no alarm clock ... no clock at all in the cabin. I bring mine from home.

It really isn't a fridge...it's a cooler. Don't count on it to keep anything that's perishable. They also provide robes, so you don't have to bring one. We always set a wake-up call when we need to be up at a certain time. Never had any problems doing so.

Only one plug in the room, so bring a power strip, a newer one or it could get confiscated.

Iv read this on CC, but I happened to look and I think I was on Triumph and there were two on the desk... so this can vary too.

There is also a low voltage plug in the bathroom for shavers.

The sample dish in the bathroom almost always has a razor.

One bar of soap usually on shorter cruises and 2 bars on 7 day cruises.

Plus the shower gel in the dispenser.

Fire I noticed the OP was going on the Legend, so I was answering questions specific to the Spirit Class ships. :)

There will be a fridge, but Justsyd is correct, it's more a cooler than a fridge.

Irons are available in the laundry rooms, but usually only one or two and on formal nights, they are very busy, so plan ahead.

Fire I noticed the OP was going on the Legend, so I was answering questions specific to the Spirit Class ships. :)

There will be a fridge, but Justsyd is correct, it's more a cooler than a fridge.

Irons are available in the laundry rooms, but usually only one or two and on formal nights, they are very busy, so plan ahead.

OK, I have signatures blocked and didnt realize the question was specific from their post.

sorry.

Yes you are on vacation, so enjoy YOUR time. If you do chose to bring an alarm clock from home, bring either a wind up or battery operated. For one, there is only one plug in cabin, and secondly, the generator output can vary, causing your clock to run slower, or faster.

Something we have found helpful, and others have also mentioned is one of those over the door shoe holder pouches. This helps you keep the bathroom counter uncluttered, and helps you organize your stuff.

Thanks!

Avoid packing extra junk at all costs. Phone has a clock / wake up service. Wife has long hair and blow dryers have worked fine. Beach towels don't bring any unless you want to deal with wet, sandy towels. Shampoo is acceptable to wife for the short haul - uses high dollar at home.

They also normally have sample "stuff" in the bathroom including razor, sample toothpaste, etc. The goodies are not consistent so bring your own toiletries. You can request iron or send stuff out to be pressed.

AND a ship's generator may vary but the voltage doesn't so I'm not sure where a clock running faster/slower comes from :confused:. We do not need nightlights, power strips and other "stuff" as we end up with plenty of stuff to haul around.

IMHO, most people go overboard bring "stuff" (is that term better than the one I was going to use :)).

AND a ship's generator may vary but the voltage doesn't so I'm not sure where a clock running faster/slower comes from :confused:. We do not need nightlights, power strips and other "stuff" as we end up with plenty of stuff to haul around. :)).

I had a clock run slower permently and had to throw it out when I got home. The electricity on a ship can vary and have brown outs.

Don't bring a power strip that looks old or may have exposed wires or something. They are looking for fire hazards. I put mine in my carryon and have never had a problem.

Blindrid, I agree with Fire. My blowdryer has less power on a ship than it does at home, it is quite noticable. On some ships, when I pull the plug out of the socket, it is very hot, so I do believe there is a variance in power. And you're lucky your wife likes the blowdryer, she's the first I've heard.

I have long hair, and the blow dryer worked fine for me on the Miracle. My hair isn't very thick though, so those with thick hair may have a problem.

We used our cell phones as alarm clocks...just put them on "airplane mode" so we didn't receive any calls or text messages. One of the channels on the tv also shows the time.

Alarm clock?

I guess if you want to use the fridge, you have to use and buy their crap?

RP...you can ask your room steward to remove some or all of the drinks in the fridge and fit your own "crap"..they will be happy to help. We have done it to remove the temptation..(they put little bottles of booze in that bad boy and make it sooooooo easy)

LPC

Anyone been on the Destiny and remember if an inside cabin has a magnifying mirror in the bathroom? I know they have them on the Splendor, am hoping they do on the Destiny? (Over 50 and can't see *** anymore:p)

Be aware that if you're using your cell phone as a clock that it might not be the same time as the ship. Most ships stay on their home port time even if the port time is different so your cell phone will have port time and not ship time. Some ships change time zones so make sure you watch the Fun Times to see which your ship is doing.

Archived