Ireland - Weather in late May

ilovhywd

Hi!

Our upcoming Queen Victoria cruise visits Cork and Dublin during the last week of May.

Could someone please give me an idea what to expect weatherwise? Would we need sweaters or jackets?

Thanks for your help!

Ilene

unpredictable. However I was there that time of year about 6 years ago and it was lovely. Rained each day but just for a bit. When that happened we just found a pub (really not hard to do) and waited. Cobh is beautiful - it was one of my favorite villages despite getting lost getting there and leaving.

-Tom

Hi!

Our upcoming Queen Victoria cruise visits Cork and Dublin during the last week of May.

Could someone please give me an idea what to expect weatherwise? Would we need sweaters or jackets?

Thanks for your help!

Ilene

I was there on Queen Victoria last week and was warm enough in a shirt and sports coat. But we did have a couple of quite heavy but short lived showers. As Patsy said go for layes, but make sure you have a waterproof of some kind.

Would we need sweaters or jackets - as the Irish would say - ah well, now you might or you might not t'would all depend on the weather but, sure, if it rains the rain is only soft rain. Seriously, my advice would be as suggested in earlier post and dress in layers.

I was there on Queen Victoria last week and was warm enough in a shirt and sports coat. But we did have a couple of quite heavy but short lived showers. As Patsy said go for layes, but make sure you have a waterproof of some kind.

I certainly agee with Lanky Lad, whom I met on recent trans-atlantic cruise. Our recent day in Cork- area was bright and sunny, but you certainly needed good windbreaker or jacket and sweater.

Lanky Lad- It was so nice to meet you on the QV. I envy you that you are booked for an upcoming cruise.! I plan to take one next Spring.Maybe we will meet, again.

Happy Easter!

ZIL

Thank you everyone for your information. I will be sure to pack that raincoat!

Mummy Gladys - I am honored that your very first post on Cruise Critic was in reply to my question! About 8 of us on this cruise have gotten somewhat acquainted on the roll call board for the QV for May 22nd. Come on over and introduce yourself!

Archived