affordable solo occupancy of cabins

bonnyweed

As a solo cruiser, I am frustrated by the lack of information readily available about great deals on solo occupancy of a cabin. Also, this forum doesn't allow us to share our knowledge of little-known sources of affordable single cruising.

Are any of you interested in letting others know about good deals as we find them? I am not a travel agent. Is it permissible for us to share our email addresses here and to participate in off-board sharing forum? How would we do it....creating an email address group?

In any case, I am very eager for the information. Please email me at bonnyweed@hotmail.com if you would like to be involved.

If this posting is in violation of any community policy...I am genuinely sorry. Just seems that solo travelers are at a disadvantage in finding fares when all usual sources of information quote fare as per person double occupancy.

There's no reason why we cannot share information on good deals here on this board. What we cannot give out is the name of specific travel agents. If someone finds a great single cruiser deal on say, NCL or Carnival, you can post something to the effect that you found out that a sailing on May 14, 2006 on Carnival Glory doesn't have a single supplement (this isn't real, but just an example).

kitty9 Thanks for the clarification of posting guidelines. It would be great to have a thread here just for "good deals for solo occupancy" and that thread could contain the cruiselines and sailings for good deals. The "off-board" group email could be for sharing great deals available only through specific travel agents. Still feel free to email me with your solo-friendly agents and I will share the info through group email to those interested. bonnyweed@hotmail.com

What a great idea! There are a lot of us out there that would love to hear about great solo deals. Unfortunately, most that I see are for sailings within a few weeks or month. I'll keep my eyes open for some to post.

Hi Bonny,

NCL often offers sailings with no single suppliment so if you have a good TA you may want them to be on the lookout for you...

Also, HAL and Princess have single suppliments around 150% and HAL will find a cabin mate.

Good luck and if you're looking for something in particular post it so we can all help watch.

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you will free to continue this discussion here but, unfortunately, CC guidelines do not permit linking to other cruise message boards. I hope there's a lot to be said without specifically identifying travel agencies and certainly rates and suggestions for cruise lines that are catering to singles are permitted!

Thanks for your cooperation!! If you have any questions feel free to email either myself of one of the administrators!

Abercrombie and Kent charges only a 5% supplement for singles. Their prices are higher to start but the cruises more exotic and expeditionary.

this is a great idea, it's so sad that we solo travellers have to pay a penalty. :-) especially as i learned recently that i actually spent more on my on board charges than any of the three couples i met up with during the cruise! :-)

I hope you will free to continue this discussion here but, unfortunately, CC guidelines do not permit linking to other cruise message boards. I hope there's a lot to be said without specifically identifying travel agencies and certainly rates and suggestions for cruise lines that are catering to singles are permitted!

Thanks for your cooperation!! If you have any questions feel free to email either myself of one of the administrators!

Sorry, I didn't mean to break the rules. I won't do any more posts on this thread. Thanks, Bonny

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I am traveling solo on the Oosterdam in October. I am a mariner, which may have helped, but I got a pretty good deal on a balcony cabin. It is ways forward, but I'm still happy. They don't always charge the 190%.

mrsraggy

Hi bonny,

This is a good idea!

I am married but my husband doesn't have much spare time to travel with me.

So, I tend to travel solo, especially to more "exotic" destinations.

I've had to pay 200%, especially if the sailing is appealing to me.

I also bemoan the travel industry's tendency to lump us into "singles" travel, instead of "solo" travel.

-mistik

• 2 weeks later...

Archived