Greek Isles short cruise - any advice please?

amethyst365

Im looking at doing a short (4-6 day) cruise around the Greek Islands. (especially Santorini).Its just me going- but I have always had a dream to go there LOL and Im gunna do it hehe...

Can anyone give me some advice if you have been there and what was good what was bad?Which cruise line etc? Im coming from Australia and looking at late Sept or mid Oct.Thanks in Advance:D

The large ship cruise lines don't do cruises that short. You might look into Louis Lines, a company based in Limassol. they run older, smaller ships, and do a lot of short cruises around the islands. If you were to book a tour to Greece that included a short cruise, chances are it would be on a Louis Lines ship. My cruise on Louis did six islands in four days. Best suggestion is to visit a travel agent. There are folks on the Other Cruise Lines forum, under Cruise Lines A-O, who have sailed Louis. EM

I agree with EM ..Louis cruise is the one that does short cruises but you can also do the ferry between the islands that way you can spend as much time as you want on specific Islands

I did a Louis Cruise last May. They have sold the Aquamarine, their oldest ship. All of their ships were built in the 1990s. I really enjoyed my cruise with them. It is a great way to get a taste of the islands. We spent 4-6 hours in port for each island, except Rhodes, where we had a full day. I disembarked in Santorini and spent 3 days there, which was great. I booked through Homeric Tours, which offers a lot of different island hopping packages. You may want to look into them.

We did a "Louis" 2 yrs ago. It was great! The ship was thier "Crystal" which was NCL's "Leeward" Older, but not old and smaller, but not small. Any line, you choose, the smaller ships are way preferalble as the ships don't dock at most of the islands and on a smaller ship, in 15-20 minutes everyone is off. On some larger ships, we've sat in a lounge with a number in hand waiting to be called to be led down to the tenders and we have waiting well over an hour on more than occasion. Also with Louis, you can get off at an island for a few days and pick up the same or another ship 2/3/4/5 however many days later you want to continue.

Our cruise will be 8 days/7 nights on NCL our of Venice visiting Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Katakolon.

When I want to compare cruises I use Expedia website, you can pull up European cruises, sort them by length or price, etc...

Archived