Boarding and liquor question

moonmama

How do the cruise ships know if you have liquor in your bag? Are they hand searched? What if you have the liquor strapped to your body? :confused: And are you hand searched when you get on board? Thanks much for the help!!!

You walk thru a xray thing like at the airport and put your carrys ons, on the conveyance to go thru the xray machine. Iv had my pockets patted down if they stuck out a little. I only had klenex in them. They didnt warn me just reached out and started to pat down both my sides.

Cruise lines x-ray your checked bags as they are loaded onboard. Some cruise lines look for bottles (even mouthwash or water bottles) during that procedure and if they see one, yes, your bag will be hand searched and it will be confiscated.

Each cruise line is different, some will allow water, soda, and wine to be carried onboard, others will not. Which line are you looking to cruise on?

You walk thru a xray thing like at the airport and put your carrys ons, on the conveyance to go thru the xray machine. Iv had my pockets patted down if they stuck out a little. I only had klenex in them. They didnt warn me just reached out and started to pat down both my sides.

I would have had something to say about that! My DH would have had more than "something" to say (no swearing though). The cruise line crew have no right to touch us unless we give consent. I do not surrender my right to be free of unwarranted physical contact. I don't care that if they just want to "pat down both my sides." Nope, not okay to just reach out and start touching.

I'm picturing how my pockets look if I've stuffed a kleenex in them. I can't imagine how that could be mistaken for possible liquor bottles. But for the record, we don't try to sneak alcohol onboard, even though we'd like to have something handy in our cabin and even though they don't always have what I prefer, because it's just not worth the hassle. I don't have a "moral" issue with anyone who does want to or tries to sneak alcohol onboard unless it directly affects my cruise (e.g., someone sneaks on 6 bottles, drinks until puking, and causes a fuss). OTOH, passengers seem to do that sometimes just by purchasing many drinks onboard...

beachchick

Archived