Most Carnival cabins are smoking? e.g. all non-spa cabins?

mikeerdas

I did not read the smoking policy prior to booking with carnival and I assumed smoking in rooms would not be allowed. ick.

Carnival does not advertise it's smoking policies with the exception is stating that Clod 9 Spa cabins are non-smoking.

They don't want you to know! :eek:

We've never had a problem with any smell of smoke in our cabins...

We have been on 6 cruises and never had a problem with smelling cigarette smoke until our cruise on the Fascination this past week. Our boys room had a very strong smoke smell. The room steward sprayed something and it was better. Later that night, it was back. We told the steward again and then it was temorarily better again. The smell was very strong for the 5 days we were on the cruise. It seemed to be more smokers on the Fascination than any other cruise we have been on.

Yes, mid-ship Riviera is the way to go!

Thanks John. Getting ready to book a cabin this morning.

Do all mid-ship interior Riviera cabins have two twin beds that convert to a full? I'm a little confused by Carnival's Dream deck plan. I see lots of symbols that indicate different configurations. But the blue and white colored mid-ship ones don't have any symbols at all; whereas two twins that convert to a king are supposed to be indicated by two dots.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_dream/deckplan.aspx

Carnival does not advertise it's smoking policies with the exception is stating that Clod 9 Spa cabins are non-smoking.

They don't want you to know! :eek:

We've never had a problem with any smell of smoke in our cabins...

Actually, if you make a half-baked atempt to find the info, it IS on the FAQ. Type in smoking cabin.

Q: Can I book a non-smoking stateroom?

A: Staterooms onboard are not designated as smoking or non-smoking. Guests have the choice if they would like to smoke in the cabins or not (smoking is not allowed in Spa staterooms). All cabins are fully refreshed after each cruise to guarantee incoming guests’ comfort and enjoyment. If upon boarding you are not completely satisfied with the freshness of your stateroom, simply call housekeeping and they will refresh your room again for you.

While that is not advertising the policy, it's also not hidden for anyone who cares enough to check it out.

Do all mid-ship interior Riviera cabins have two twin beds that convert to a full? I'm a little confused by Carnival's Dream deck plan. I see lots of symbols that indicate different configurations. But the blue and white colored mid-ship ones don't have any symbols at all; whereas two twins that convert to a king are supposed to be indicated by two dots.

ALL cabins, except 1As, have two twins. ALL cabins. If they cannot push together as in a few HC cabins, they will be so noted.

If there is a symbol, it indicates only if there are more than two twins, as two twins are assumbed. There should be a legend off to the side what the dots and triangles and such mean. I think the dot means two uppers, but Id have to look. (your link doesnt work, try cruisedeckplans if you need a link)

ALL cabins, except 1As, have two twins. ALL cabins. If they cannot push together as in a few HC cabins, they will be so noted.

If there is a symbol, it indicates only if there are more than two twins, as two twins are assumbed. There should be a legend off to the side what the dots and triangles and such mean. I think the dot means two uppers, but Id have to look. (your link doesnt work, try cruisedeckplans if you need a link)

Thanks Firefly!

SATXLady: Love your "reminder." Wise self-advice that I may also adopt.

I've only taken 1 Carnival cruise (Fantasy). We had a wonderful time, but the smoke smell in our cabin was terrible. It didn't smell at the beginning, but we had chain smoking neighbors in our connecting cabin and the smoke permeated our cabin. It seemed to come from the connecting door and through the bathroom fixtures.

We've booked a few more Carnival cruises on the basis that our experience seems to be unusual and we were just unlucky. If we experience anything similar on our next cruise we'll cruise elsewhere. I can live with a whiff of smoke here and there, but not irritated eyes and stinky clothes and hair because of thick smoke.

Archived