St Thomas Questions...

It's been a couple of yrs since we have been to st thomas...please help me out as to where we may find some pretty competitive prices for both jewelry and booze...past history has led me to al cohen's by the peir for booze and to the royal caribbean shop for jewelry on main street...not afiliated with the royal caribbean cruise line...are both of these places still good oprions or can someone else give us a couple of better options...thanks in advance...

Best prices for alcohol are truly Kmart! Not a far walk from the ship. We were in St Thomas in Nov for a 10 day land vacation. Numerous posters had given this recommendation for the best alcohol prices. We checked a variety of places during our 10 day "exploration" and found this to be true!

Just outside Havensight Mall is a Wendy's on the corner. Across the intersection from Wendy's is a grocery store. Follow that street towards the grocery store and Kmart is a few blocks up on your left. They will even put the liquor in the cardboard airplane carry boxes if you would like.

No idea on jewelry as I rely on my jeweler back home. Have never felt the deals were all that great and didn't have the trust/faith that someone would stand behind their items if something went wrong.

Have fun!

hey guys i might be a little slow on this, but is dynesty jewelrs downtown or out by the haven****e mall by the pier...i'll find it either way just give a me clue...dt or by the pier

CRUISEINFANATIC...thanks for the directions...at least now i know that it's not dt...i still have to go dt and to the k-mart to look at the booze prices...thanks to all...3 more working days...then i'm out of here until the 28th...

Mike,

We just returned from St. Thomas and our cruise this weekend. My suggestion for jewelry would be Grand Jewelers, ask for Navin. He is located on Main St, dt. We have done business with Navin for several years. Have always been more than satisfied with not only the final prices (haven''t been able to touch his prices anywhere), but always receive great quality as well! :cool: He stands behind everything that he sells. If he doesn't have what you are looking for, he will find it for you thru his sources while you wait.

As for booze, agree K-Mart is a great source, but you may not find all brands, etc. If they have it, it is very well priced!

Bruce

Dynasty is located near the pier at 9001 Havensight Mall. (Very near an information booth) I was in the jewelry business several years ago, so fell I have a "handle" of values. IMHO, Dynasty has the best prices for the $$$. In most cases (watches excluded) you should be able to negotiate a discount of 40% off the ticketed price. Ask for a wonderful lady named Emily.

I have always been a little hesitant about buying jewelry. I stopped at Diamonds International and found a bracelet for my wife. After getting home I had it appraised at 5 times what I paid for it. I won't hesitate to shop at any D I now.

Archived