Clothing in Bermuda

Our TA told us that people in Bermuda dress more conservitive. Just wondering what people wear in the summer months to Bermuda. I am thinking a shortsleeve t-shirt and a pair of capris. But I would love to get away with shorts and a shirt. ANy ideas? I am 15.

They dont have to be as long as burmuda shorts, just not daisy dukes (if you know what they are) My DD was 13 when we were there last year and I was able to find some shorts for her to wear. Its hard at that age, everything is made very small.

Try getting a pair of skorts. Usually LL Bean or Land's End has longish skorts. That is all I ever wear on cruises and they are not hot at all but they still give you a modest look. Kudos to you, by the way, for being concerned with how you look and what you wear. It is refreshing to hear from a teenager who cares about how she represents herself to others.

You don't say where you are from, but remember "hot" is a very subjective word!

According to historical climate data, the average high temperature in Bermuda in June is 81 degrees (F)! That certainly isn't "hot" for what I'm used to, but I guess if you live in Alaska, that's getting kind of warm... ;) Of course you have to pay attention to the average low as well, which is 77. So it doesn't cool off a lot at night either.

http://www.condoconcepts.com/weather/chamiltn.htm

Bermuda is about even (north/south wise) with South Carolina. It isn't in the tropics at all.

Theron

It seems to me that the two places people get all stressed out about how to dress is formal night on the ship and Bermuda. Neither is worth the amount of agony that some folks seem to go through.

Shorts and short sleeve shirts are fine. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think that everyone would have the common sense to know what reasonable length shorts are. On second thought.......

Archived