Is this a good cabin?

It will be fine, but if there is any way you can get closer to midship, it will be more convenient.

That far aft is a pretty long walk down the hall to get to your cabin from the stairs/elevators.

We have stayed on Deck 10 on a couple cruises, and we like it because it is only one deck up to the Windjammer/pool deck. Some folks say they hear noise from above (you are under the Windjammer buffet), but we have never had that problem.

Also, if anyone in your group is prone to motion sickness, ship movement can be felt a bit more in the aft or way forward than midships.

Whatever you decide, you will love Explorer and Bermuda, we did that cruise last June. There are several links in my signature for info and photos. Enjoy!

That is a great cabin! It is a highly sought after corner aft that is the size of a JS at D1 pricing. There is plenty of room to get around even with the sofabed open. The balcony is larger than a regular D1 too.

This site will show you some great pictures of what you have:

http://www.voyager-class.com/

The walk is longer but it is not as bad as people make it seem. We have stayed in 1688 twice, which is the mirror opposite of 1388. We would grab that cabin every time on that class of ship.

She said she booked 1368, not 1388. My advice would have been very different if it was 1388!

thank you all especially for the site with the pictures my concern is motion I finally convinced DH to go but we really need a room with no motion so is midship any deck best for us or any particular deck middship thank you so much:D this is our first cruise:eek:

thank you all especially for the site with the pictures my concern is motion I finally convinced DH to go but we really need a room with no motion so is midship any deck best for us or any particular deck middship thank you so much:D this is our first cruise:eek: we have a choice of cabins 9320, 9622 and 9322 all midship

thank you all especially for the site with the pictures my concern is motion I finally convinced DH to go but we really need a room with no motion so is midship any deck best for us or any particular deck middship thank you so much:D this is our first cruise:eek: we have a choice of cabins 9320, 9622 and 9322 all midship

I would choose either 9320 or 9322 because of the large suite that is above 9622. The suite has a marble floor and a grand piano that at times cause noise in the cabins below.

The Bermuda cruises are always quite expensive, especially certain times of the year. Many of the cruises from Florida are much cheaper, but there is the expense of getting there, for many of us!

Having said that, Bermuda is absolutely beautiful, and the people are wonderful.

When are you planning to cruise?

I don't know about 1368 but We have cabins 1362, 1364, & 1366 reserved for the Explorer leaving this Thursday. Once we get to St. Thomas I can post a message & let you know how the motion is if you would like.

Diane

I don't think we'll be able to do this cruise I was looking to go the end of June 2012 when I told DH the price ($5700) he said no way:( I didnt think it would be that much and we didnt want to fly to a port and an inside room will not work for us even tho it is cheaper ocean view is almost the same as the balcony I really wanted the bermuda/caribean cruise but I don't find it on the RCCL site for 2012:confused:

Maybe I will price compare for Sept, Imlilbitz thanks I appreciate that as I will be saving this post for future refernce can't wait to see the rooms:)

I will continue looking so far this what I have learned please correct me if I am wrong:

1. Midship cabins to avoid feeling the motion not aft

2.Deck 7 and above is the best

3. Ocean view or balcony is best for a family of 4

the only thing I still haven't figured out or found is what those E1/D2 letters in boxes etc mean

thanx again

On the Explorer with a 2 and 6 year old I would look at cabins near the aft elevators to minimize the walking. You can still be midships, but not dead center. Does the 2 year old use a crib or sleep in a bed? The cabins for 4 have either pullman's which drop from the ceiling or a sofabed that sleeps 2. I would ask my questions on the family cruising forum to get other opinions.

Archived