NCL Sun Baltics vs. RC Mariner Med/Israel with single mom and 15-year old boy?

Ton's Mom

I'm a single Mom cruising with my 15-yr-old son (we've been on many cruises together) and I can't decide between NCL's Sun cruise to the Baltics for 9 days and/or RC's Mariner cruise to Greece, Turkey and Israel for 11 days. Both cruises are this summer in July and I have to decide by tomorrow. I've been going back and forth pros vs. cons and still can't decide. I picked both these cruises because they both have a basketball court and they are American lines. Any thoughts please?

I am taking my 15 year old son on the RCCL Mediterranean cruise. Greece, Turkey, and Italy. It should be fun. There is a lot of history involved which my son has been studying about in high school anyway. :)

oops I see you're on the Mariner a month earlier. Anyway are you concerned about strife? J

No, not really worried since we are no longer going to Egypt. It is kind of crazy on that side of the sea. Disappointed about not seeing Egypt though.

We are doing some ports on our own too instead of taking tours. Some places seem pretty easy to do it yourself.

Sounds like it gets too hot in July and August.

The ports interested me on our trip more than the Baltic ports but to each his own. :)

Good luck deciding!;)

I think they are both good but I would take the one on RCI that includes Greece Turkey and Israel. I think that cruise would be a very unique experience and I have visited these ports multiple times on other cruise lines and enjoyed them each time.

Keith

Archived