What about the upgrade phone calls after you book??

6 of us

I have been told by many about how the "The Upgrade Fairy" calls after a cruise is booked to offer perks:D. I have never gotten an upgrade call & this is my 4th cruise with Carnival. I want one!!

What kind of upgrades do you get? Is it really as common as I hear it is? Should I just call them every week?

I have been told by many in person & read in Cruise Critic about how the "The Upgrade Fairy" calling after a cruise is booked to offer perks:D. I have never gotten an upgrade call & this is my 4th cruise with Carnival. I want one!!

What kind of upgrades do you get? Is it really as common as I hear it is? Should I just call them every week?

Upgrades are as rare as Unicorns these days... :rolleyes:

Upsell calls appear to happen fairly frequently. You're offered a better cabin at an occasionally irresistible price.

I'm Platinum and have never had an upgrade call or even an upsell call so don't hold your breath...

You can call them but the odds are that you'll be offered an upgrade at the current rates...

;)

By reading these boards you would think most everyone gets those calls.

Members represent less then 1% of the sailing public.

Sailed 15 times and never got a call either.

We were first offered an upsell on our 9th cruise and it was definitely an UPSELL and out of our budget. Book what you'll be happy with and if you get a call with a good offer, fine if not also fine.

Great advice! We got one upsell call - to Owner's Suite on Fantasy, and it was not a deal at all - they wanted $1,800 for the 4 of us on top of what we had paid for the Penthouse Suite. There are many times I probably would turn down the upsell, as I book specific cabins, usually a year in advance, to get what I want. I am never disappointed when I board a ship, as I have exactly what I want!:)

I have been told by many about how the "The Upgrade Fairy" calls after a cruise is booked to offer perks:D. I have never gotten an upgrade call & this is my 4th cruise with Carnival. I want one!!

I've got 2 in 10 cruises with Carnival and never from anybody else. One, on a 7 day, from inside to balcony for $50. pp I turned down. My wife blew a fuse when I told her. Next time on a 8 day it was $100 pp and I accepted it. Those were IMO exceptional deals and seldom offered . Don't expect one because threre is no rhyme or reason (that I know of ) who they call if they have upgrades available. Calling them will make no difference.

I've cruised twice and had upsells calls twice.

Actually, I also received a call for my third cruise (leaving later this week).

The key is that they want to SELL you something.

They spend five minutes telling you how great it will be and how "special" you are to be chosen.

Then they tell you the price.

If you don't die of shock, pick yourself up off the floor and JUST SAY NO.

:)

Thanks everyone, disappointing news but at least I know now I am not missing out on something.

I did notice something though, my vacation planner doesn't always give me all the deals they are having. I ended up talking to a promotions person & she asked me if the planner had shared a few options with me, nope! You really have to talk to more than 1 person to get all the deals I suppose.

Blessings!

15 Carnival cruises and 2 upsell fairy calls.

One excellent one to aft wrap which we took. One not very good one for suite which we passed on.

Does not happen very often only when sailing is not full a few weeks before sail date.

Archived