Best Beach

divechick

If your looking for a great beach that isn"t to crowded try Frigate Bay we did a island tour with robert and ended the day at the beach I told him i wanted something a little off the beaten path so he dropped us at Frigate Bay and came back for us at appointed time. They have a great little bar called the Monkey Bar if you like rum punch try the Monkey Sex the best rum punch I've ever had. Tell the owners Teri and Steve from California said hi.

Can you snorkel from the beach. How far from the ship if you took a Taxi>

Off topic but you can snorkel right from south friars bay, i went to frigate bay the first time i was in St. Kitts and IMO South Friars is much nicer, really calm clear water, you walk in and there is one reef you can snorkel at close to the shore, and then you can swim out farther and there is another reef.

We visited Cockleshell Beach...it was great you can acually see where the Sea and Ocean meets. Great food, watersports and drinks. The Banana bus pick-up every other hour and after 2pm every hour. No crowds

If your looking for a great beach that isn"t to crowded try Frigate Bay we did a island tour with robert and ended the day at the beach I told him i wanted something a little off the beaten path so he dropped us at Frigate Bay and came back for us at appointed time. They have a great little bar called the Monkey Bar if you like rum punch try the Monkey Sex the best rum punch I've ever had. Tell the owners Teri and Steve from California said hi.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any thoughts on South Friars Beach/Bay? I've read some good reviews online. We are looking for something a little off the beaten path so we can enjoy some quiet time.

I've read terrible things about Cockelshell Beach . . any thoughts? Everything I read said it was crowded and dirty.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been to Timothy Beach Resort recently? I understand it has free use of pool, beach chairs, towels and is only 3 miles from the port.

We would like to compare Timothy Beach Resort to the Marriott on St. Kitts. Any comparisons??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok so South Friars or South Frigate? Which is the better option to just chill out for the day, GOOD drinks and food?

We'll have done 3 active excursions on the previous days so will want to just relax. Clear water of course, but we most likely will not snorkel.

Has anyone been to Timothy Beach Resort recently? I understand it has free use of pool, beach chairs, towels and is only 3 miles from the port.

We would like to compare Timothy Beach Resort to the Marriott on St. Kitts. Any comparisons??

The Marriott has a day pass you can purchase. Timothy Beach Resort does not. Both are 10 minutes from the port.

we were in St. Kitts a couple of years ago and went to a nice beach that had black sand and a little restaurant that served coche fritters

does any one know the name

and how far is by cab and how much

carol

we were in St. Kitts a couple of years ago and went to a nice beach that had black sand and a little restaurant that served coche fritters

does any one know the name

and how far is by cab and how much

carol

I think it may have been Shipwreck Bar at South Friars beach?

About $10 per person for cab roundtrip (I think)...

Archived