Are the cakes any good to order?

texasnana

if you order it for the dining room, mention to the waiter the night before that you have ordered one. sometimes they can be forgotten. better to remind him than to be disappointed!

ANd if you order anything from Bon Voyage, it may not always be in the room when you arrive, sometimes it comes a little later.

Beverly

Can we order from Bon Voyage and then request to have it served in the MDR on the night of our anniversary?? This way, we can just share it with our table mates?

I am pretty sure I saw them available in the candy store too.... not sure if they are the same price or how that works.

Can we order from Bon Voyage and then request to have it served in the MDR on the night of our anniversary?? This way, we can just share it with our table mates?

I am pretty sure I saw them available in the candy store too.... not sure if they are the same price or how that works.

Yes, you can order them from the Formalities shop, at the same very reasonable price.

We love the chocolate cake so much that we ordered a big "Happy Birthday" cake for someone in our party as a surprise, when it wasn't anywhere near his birthday. He was definitely surprised, and we were well fed :D

Have to share a chuckle about ordering a cake from Bon Voyage

Last year on a birthday cruise with my best friend, I ordered a vanilla birthday cake for the cabin. When we got on board, there was a cake all ready and waiting ... but instead of Happy Birthday it said...."Happy Honeymoon"!!! And was heart shaped! Mind you the paperwork that came with it said Happy Birthday!

We were cracking up. Talked to cabin steward just to let him know that a honeymoon couple may have gotten a Happy Birthday cake instead of the Honeymoon cake they were expecting. He contacted someone in the food/delivery area and sure enough the couple had called about getting the wrong cake! LOL

We received a call from the staff apologizing for the mix-up and asking if we wanted a new cake. Since the cake was the same flavor we had ordered just a different shape and writing we said don't bother! We thought it was funny.

Mind you my travel partner and I have been friends for about 14 years from many states apart and she and I always end up as travel buddies since noone else ever wants to travel (even our husabnds when we both were married) and we actually refer to each other as our trip spouse! So we thought the cake made it official! LOL. For the rest of the week, we laughed about being on our honeymoon. and how much better this one was than our real ones!

We have four cabins and i wanted to order a small cake to have waiting when we board. Are they any good to eat?

OMG! The cakes are AMAZING!!!!! My husband is not a big fan of chocolate but he ordered one for our anniversary on our first cruise. He LOVED it. The cake is so moist, not overly sweet and oh man....I really want some now. :eek:

Archived