Here's something original...having website issues

cruise_control

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the Carnival website or my company's proxy server, but here's the issue...

I logged into the website and selected an excursion (added to cart). When I try to click my shopping cart to check out, it asks me to log in AGAIN. When I log in, it kicks me right back out to "Manage Your Cruise". I can't get checked out, but I know it's in my cart because I can't select the excursion again (says it's in my cart).

Anyone ever experience this? Very frustrating. :(

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I stopped trying until a couple days later, when everything worked. Their website was a crappy mess, at least for me, this weekend. Of all the things that a company should upgrade and work on it's their website, but Carnival is the worst at this.

Same problem here, since Friday night. I've called Carnival.com support a couple times and have been told "It's a known issue and a trouble ticket has been issued" as well as "We're getting a lot of calls about that, it should be fixed shortly". I'm a 30 year IT vet and when your commerce/revenue generating website is having problems, you fix it ASAP. I'm sailing in 5 days and can't book excursions. AND - while I gripe!!! - I have to wonder why I can book a $10,000 cruise over the phone with a credit card but can't book a $50 excursion over the phone! Not that my cruise is $10,000 but you get the point. The Carnival reps say THEY use the website too and they're having the same problems.

I tried to book a cruise last night, when I went to enter my info it would ask me to LOG IN, but I was already logged in. So I would log in again and it would kick me back to the same page asking me to log in....VERY frustrating. I'm going to try today and see if I have any better luck! :confused:

got one for ya on that whole site issue - tried to go and complete our details for Fun Pass - i get a "not valid passport or visa information" - but i haven't even completed my details yet and it won't let me navigate to the page to correct it!!

Spent 3 hours on the phone with their IT dept - and pointed out where the issue may be (IT vet here myself) and i am still waiting - two weeks later!!!- to get it resolved.... my question is - what do i do if i can't complete registering our details online???

Same problem here, since Friday night. I've called Carnival.com support a couple times and have been told "It's a known issue and a trouble ticket has been issued" as well as "We're getting a lot of calls about that, it should be fixed shortly". I'm a 30 year IT vet and when your commerce/revenue generating website is having problems, you fix it ASAP. I'm sailing in 5 days and can't book excursions. AND - while I gripe!!! - I have to wonder why I can book a $10,000 cruise over the phone with a credit card but can't book a $50 excursion over the phone! Not that my cruise is $10,000 but you get the point. The Carnival reps say THEY use the website too and they're having the same problems.

I can't believe you can't book excursions over the phone. It's ridiculous for Carnival not to have a backup plan. :mad:

Update - as of 9:00am (East Coast Time), the problem with booking excursions is STILL not fixed, getting the same problems as before. And this is after they had the entire site down for a couple of hours. I fly out in 4 days and have a feeling I'm going to have to TRY to book my excursions on board, which is always dicey as far as availability goes. USUALLY we have them booked at least a month in advance but we're going with another couple who had to wait until now to book everything. Oh well, one more call to Carnival and more pop-in-and-try attempts.

I can't believe you can't book excursions over the phone. It's ridiculous for Carnival not to have a backup plan. :mad:

I know - you'd think they'd ALWAYS have something in place so you had the option of booking online or over the phone, or at least something so when there's a problem like this.... but my PVP and another planner both said THEY use the website to book so they're as hamstrung as everyone else is right now.

Just called AGAIN - as of noon Eastern Time, she's still notta working, no ETA either. To any of us who work in IT, do you think we'd be visited by our bosses if a revenue generating part of our business was down and we couldn't fix it in under 8 hours??? Guess things work differently in places outside the "real world"....

I have had problems with Carnival's website since I upgraded to IE 9. I am unable to view itineraries. Anyone else have this problem?

yes .. go to compatibilty view on your browser IE9

still getting script errors though

Just called AGAIN - as of noon Eastern Time, she's still notta working, no ETA either. To any of us who work in IT, do you think we'd be visited by our bosses if a revenue generating part of our business was down and we couldn't fix it in under 8 hours??? Guess things work differently in places outside the "real world"....

Yes, I do...to say "You're fired!"

Time is money, no matter what business you're in. :mad:

Well, I'm now within the 3-day sailing window and can't book my excursions online. After almost two weeks of trying book a snorkel excursion on Grand Turk, I'm now at risk of finding it sold out. :mad: Let's hope it's not.

Even though it won't ruin my cruise, I find this extremely unacceptable.

Same here, CruiseControl - we sail on 5/1 and I still can't book online. Looks like we'll be taking our chances booking on the ship, risking our choices being sold out. I can't believe that after SIX days they're still down.

Update - as of midnight Wednesday night, still having problems and can't book excursions. I talked to someone in ESOLUTIONS at Carnival, who was very nice, btw, who said there was still no ETA. She DID check on the availability of the excursion I wanted and said there were 200 tickets available - but like I told her, if no one can book excursions, of COURSE there would be plenty of tickets available!!

Archived