:( So sad

izmeeh

Got an email from Cruise Critic yesterday for the "Cruise Deal of the Week" from *****.

"Deal of the Week

***** 72 Hour SALE: Carnival Cruise Lines

Fun select rates, free upgrades & up to $200 per stateroom cash back! Book select Carnival Cruise Line sailings on ***** and receive $100 OBC per stateroom on 3 - 5 day sailings & up to $200 per stateroom on 6 - 9 day sailings. Restrictions may apply; please see full terms & conditions for complete details. Hurry, this offer is valid from April 26 - April 28, 2011. Book online or call 1-888-249-3978."

I went online, saw the promotion, clicked on the link, and got "promotion is invalid or is no longer available." Tried to go back and the ad on **** was gone. Called **** and was told that I would only get $50/cabin for 3-5 day sailings instead of $100.

I want to go on another cruise! Why are you doing this to me?

Please note all prices you see online are the same. It is a Carnival promo.

Its also against the rules here to mention specific TAs.

Carnival has the same promo, as no TA can advertise a lower price. Dont fall for it. I see emails too and TAs will pretend like its exclusive, when they cannot put a lower price on their site than Carnival is offering. I have read on another thread this morning this is a Carnival promo, so thats how I know its not a exclusive.

Check any site...including carnival's if you are interested.

Call Carnival. Do be aware the fare will almost certainly be a lot higher than your ES price, to get that so called free OBC. Nothing is free on Carnival, they are always one step ahead of you. So, if you are ok with paying the higher sale fare ... call carnival if you cant find the fare.

firefly333,

Thanks for the reminder about mentioning specific TA. I thought it would be okay since the email came from CC. Opps. :)

It's true that Carnival has the $50 OBC. I thought the other website was giving $100 OBC instead. The lady answered the phone said that they just changed the promotion. The person called before me was able to get in on the $100 OBC.

With only $50 OBC, it's not worth it since the sale price is higher than the $50 saved.

Please note all prices you see online are the same. It is a Carnival promo.

Its also against the rules here to mention specific TAs.

Carnival has the same promo, as no TA can advertise a lower price. Dont fall for it. I see emails too and TAs will pretend like its exclusive, when they cannot put a lower price on their site than Carnival is offering. I have read on another thread this morning this is a Carnival promo, so thats how I know its not a exclusive.

Check any site...including carnival's if you are interested.

Call Carnival. Do be aware the fare will almost certainly be a lot higher than your ES price, to get that so called free OBC. Nothing is free on Carnival, they are always one step ahead of you. So, if you are ok with paying the higher sale fare ... call carnival if you cant find the fare.

Ain't that the truth.

Looking at an inside on the Victory for Sept. Past guest rate $349 with free upgrades. 72 hour sale price $449 with free upgrades and $100 in OBC.

So booking the sale price I would be losing $100 compared to just booking the past guest rate.

Not much of a sale. More like smoke and mirrors.

Bill

firefly333,

Thanks for the reminder about mentioning specific TA. I thought it would be okay since the email came from CC. Opps. :)

It's true that Carnival has the $50 OBC. I thought the other website was giving $100 OBC instead. The lady answered the phone said that they just changed the promotion. The person called before me was able to get in on the $100 OBC.

With only $50 OBC, it's not worth it since the sale price is higher than the $50 saved.

Maybe you did catch a typo, too bad the lady on the phone couldnt make good on it.

I get who is the parent mixed up but I think TripAdvisor owns both CC and the TA you mentioned ...so they probably do advertise for them.

Archived