Paradise quad cabin--help!

sueswny

I need some advice asap. I am going on the Carnival Paradise next month with two teens. Right now just the 3 of us, and I have an outside triple cabin (with a Pullman). My sister might join us, and we can do one of two things:

Keep an outside cabin, with 2 Pullmans. It also has a trundle bed, since it's available for 5 people. We'd have the beds set up as two twins.

Upgrade to Grand Suite. Lots more $, but quite large. It has a sleep sofa instead of Pullmans.

My questions

--Do you know if the 2 Pullmans will interfere with the sleep arrangements for the two twin beds?

--Is the double sleep sofa comfortable for 2 teen girls? They don't mind sharing a bed, but I don't want them on a sleep sofa unless it's reasonably comfortable.

Help!! I need to make a decision within the next couple of days. It's my first Carnival cruise, and I'm confused. I don't want to spend a lot more $ on the suite, but I'll do it if it's going to be uncomfortable in the outside quad.

Thanks.

I have been in a quad with 4 people in the past and will be again this coming June. The pullman does not interfer with the twin beds below. The room is small- but with 3, I would think very managable. With 4 a bit tight- but- you aren't on a cruise to spend lots of time in your room.

I would say- keep the quad and keep the money you would be spending on the larger room.

-JC in CA

Unless you go to the top suites, the regular suites are not much bigger than a regular balcony.

Im guessing you mean bunk beds when you are talking pullmans?? They do have a brace which comes down and to me interferes with the bottom bunks. I was in a quad solo on Ecstasy and had a hard time reading with the braces, and couldnt sit up in the bed.

The newer ships, the bunks come out of the ceiling so you dont have that brace in the way.

I dont see a lot of reason to upgrade unless you just want the balcony.

We've been in quads on the Paradise and friends we were traveling with have had a double with a trundle.

The Paradise has roll-a-way type beds and 'pallets'. The rollaway sits bed height. The pallet lays on the ground and is not good for anyone over four-and-a-half feet tall.

My friends' cabin with the twins and one rollaway was wall-to-wall beds. It was 3 women traveling together so they had kept the lower twins apart. Could not imagine where another bed in the cabin would be placed.

Will Carnival even allow 2 portable beds in the cabin? Can Carnival even accept another passenger on the cruise? Sailings are capacity controlled due to lifeboat requirements.

The sleeper sofa is a sleeper sofa. They might feel the bar in the middle.

If by 'pullman' you mean upper bunks then it is absolutely no problem. The teens go in the uppers and the adults sleep on the lowers. If the lower beds are together ask your room steward to pull them apart.

Travel light. Share appliances--Only need one blowdryer for everyone. You will have 4 drawers, 4 shelves in the closet and 3 shelves in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. Double and triple up on the hangars. Luggage is stored under the bed.

Only bathroom needs are done in the bathroom. All primping is done outside the bathroom. Either at the vanity, on the bed or at the other mirror behind the door (it could be inside the closet).

They are hooks next to the upper bunks that we put 6pocket 'shoe holders' from the Dollar Tree to hold stuff. These are much lighter than a regular over-the-door-shoe holder.

Archived