vip boarding in nyc

cruisenanny

Thanks cruisenanny. We're expecting some interesting weather here in NYC tomorrow.:eek: We'll make the best of it.:)
My youngest son will be in NYC tomorrow to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. I told him to look for Miracle. Have a great cruise, and I hope the weather isn't too interesting!

Kerryman50 user_online.gif

Cool Cruiser

I can not get any info from Carnival.. I think its to late and there closed...

Do you know what time we can check in and board the ship?

And I have no idea what terminal its at ether.

If you have any of this information could you be so kind as to post it?

I'm counting down now !!! Tomorrow at this time we will be out on the open water !!! :D

Cool Cruiser

I'm counting down now !!! Tomorrow at this time we will be out on the open water !!! :D

I recommend getting to the pier by 11, certainly by noon, it will be berth 88 -90, probably 90 tho. Have a blast sweetie:)

Wow that's way earlier then I would have expected...

Our ship don't leave until 4pm...

Do they let us get on the ship and go to our room earlier if were there?

Yes! They will let you on usually by 12, but sometimes earlier, especially with VIP boarding!

Yes! They will let you on usually by 12, but sometimes earlier, especially with VIP boarding!
My goal on our cruises is to be aboard by noon to get a good Lido deck table for lunch, hit the buffet, and get a Funship Special! Even with our lousy VIP boarding on Glory last year we managed to achieve that goal.:p In New York, we try to arrive around 11. Just remember that your cabin will not be available until 1:30, so you may want to limit your carry-ons if you arrive early.

I would wager that Miracle will be at Pier 90 tomorrow - most of the time Carnival uses 90. If you have a chance tomorrow morning, you can check the NYC webcams to see which pier - Pier 90 is the middle of the three piers. I like this webcam: http://www.wirednewyork.com/webcam3/. As far as driving in goes, the pier doesn't matter - there is one entrance to the entire complex, and there will be people there to direct you.

I should also add...if you're interested in tracking ships in and out of port, you can go to http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/. Right now you'll see that Miracle spent some time sailing a dogleg around New Jersey so as not to arrive at the pier too early.:p (Note that you won't always be able to find a ship on this site - the ship has to be in range of a shore-based signal receiver.)

Cool Cruiser

Hi Hanna1313,

I would have posted earlier but I hate packing, always wait til the last minute. It looks like cruisenanny & Kathy posted the info you were looking for. The only thing I would add is that the entrance to the piers is located at 55th St & 12th Ave/West Side Highway, but you probably know this.

We are planning on getting there between 12 and 12:30, and we also have VIP boarding so we'll be having lunch(Deli) and a nice cold bucket of beer on the Lido Deck hopefully by 1:30.:) No matter what the weather brings. Safe travels.

Thank you all so much for all this great info !!!!

Cruisenanny & nybumpkin thanks so much for all your help and good wishes...

I guess In off from here on out !!!

Kerryman50... I have been packed for 2 weeks now !!!LOL !

Ill get some video of the room so others can have it down the line....

Thank you all again for all your help...and Ill report back in 8 days !!!!

:):):):):):)

Archived