One Day bermuda schedule

mcathig

We leave it a month!!!!!

(after this cold icky winter I am so ready!)

We will be in port for 3 days. I have played with our schedule a few times, but this is what we looking at doing.

Day One Taxi tour 4-5 hours (10-3)

Day 2

Buy day pass for ferry/bus-

AM

St. George:

Fort St. Catherine: Hours 10:00 – 16:00 Admission: $5

Unfinished church (free)

Walk St George

Lunch Swizzle Inn-

Tobacco Beach?

PM

Hamilton

Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute Admission: Adults $12.50, Students / Seniors $10.00 Hours Mon - Fri 9 – 5 pm

Day three:

Dockyard Area:

Bermuda Maritime Museum

Dockyard Glassworks and Rum Cake factory

Bermuda Arts Center

Bermuda Clay works

Bermuda Craft Market

1. is this doable and 2 what boats/busses would We use to get around?

We leave it a month!!!!!

(after this cold icky winter I am so ready!)

We will be in port for 3 days. I have played with our schedule a few times, but this is what we looking at doing.

Day One Taxi tour 4-5 hours (10-3)

Day 2

Buy day pass for ferry/bus-

AM

St. George:

Fort St. Catherine: Hours 10:00 – 16:00 Admission: $5

Unfinished church (free)

Walk St George

Lunch Swizzle Inn-

Tobacco Beach?

PM

Hamilton

Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute Admission: Adults $12.50, Students / Seniors $10.00 Hours Mon - Fri 9 – 5 pm

Day three:

Dockyard Area:

Bermuda Maritime Museum

Dockyard Glassworks and Rum Cake factory

Bermuda Arts Center

Bermuda Clay works

Bermuda Craft Market

1. is this doable and 2 what boats/busses would We use to get around?

I think this is doable if you drop the idea of going to Tobacco Bay.

I'm assuming you're docking at the West End? If so, you would take the fast ferry to St Georges. Stroll St Georges, walk to Fort St Catherine. It's a hike, but the fort is interesting and the views from the fort are lovely. You might look for a taxi inSt Georges to drive you up to the fort. Then you can walk back down.

From St Georges, you can take a bus to the Swizzle Inn. That's a good choice for lunch, a real Bermuda landmark. And since you won't be driving, you can enjoy a swizzle with your lunch!

The problem with Tobacco Bay after lunch is that it would require backtracking into St Georges and another hike uphill and down. If you want a quick stop at a beach, after the Fort, you could stop at St Catherine's beach, just below the fort.

You can get a bus from the Swizzle Inn to Hamilton. The BUIE is east of town, so you be sure to get off the bus there. Don't go all the way into Hamilton and have to backtrack.

From there, another bus into Hamilton (or you could walk, but by then you'll be tired). Change for a bus to the West End. Or catch a ferry out to the west end.

Other posters can give you specific bus numbers. You're looking at a long day and a lot of walking, but timewise, it's doable, especially since you don't have to get back to your ship in time for sailing. Your day 3 is easy. I think it's smart not to go too far away from the ship on the day you sail.

Enjoy Bermuda!!!!

Day 1 & 3 are OK.

Now for day 2.

Take the Orange Route ferry to St George at 10:00am. You could start your walking tour a 10:45am.

Frommers offers a suggested walking tour here: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/bermuda/0091020034.html . It is 2 hours in length and includes the Unfinished Church. There are other tours; this popped up first in my Google search.

If a jitney or taxi is available, I would suggest taking either to Tobacco Bay; this will save time as TB is located about .6 mile from King's Square, SG. At TB do you intend to snorkel or is this a photo op? Fort St Catherine is about .2 - .3 mile from Tobacco Bay. So you should do both together. There is a restaurant, BlackBeards Hideout http://www.stgeorgesclub.bm/Pages/BlackBeardsHideout.aspx , next to FSC where you could have a snack or drink.

Back at SG, you would board an inbound route #1, #3, #10 or #11 bus at the bus stop on Duke of York St to get to the Swizzle Inn.. It is about a 20 minute bus ride.

After lunch, you should board a #1 or #3 bus to get to BUEI. The bus stop is located across the street from SI. It will be about a 40 - 45 minute bus ride to BUEI.

From BUEI, you could walk Front St to get to the ferry terminal but a short bus ride maybe better

Let's put the times together: 10:45 start tour of SG + 2:00 hour walking tour + 05 minute ride to TB + ??? hour/minute stop at TB + 10 minute walk to FSC + 1:00 hour tour of FSC + 20 minute walk back to bus stop in SG + 20 minute ride to SI + ??? hour/minute lunch at SI + 40 minute bus ride to BUEI. Time sure does add up and I didn't include waiting times for bus/taxi/jitney.

You may have to rethink day 2 and set your priorities.

SBtS

SailBadtheSinner- Thank You!!!

You are right ...Day 2 is too much. We are going with my mother, so that makes it easy to drop one.... Tobacco bay. (mom does not swim) That was mostly a photo op. I think that If we do St. George, Fort St. Catherine (10-12am), lunch at swizzle (12:30-1:30) and a quick tour of BUEI (2:30-5)it woudl be more doable, but still busy. If time did not permit I would skip BUEI and tour Hamilton....

(I can't believe I am going to an island with out snorkleing or scuba!!!)

Thanks so much- Less than a month now!!!!

Archived