MCO-Port canaveral

flyingandcruising

We are planning on sleeping overnight near the airport on the Friday of our trip and then driving to the port on the Saturday.

Could someone please tell me what traffic is like on a typical Saturday from MCO to the port? How long should it take to get to the port area (we will have to return the rental car first near the port).

Thank you to all that reply.

From MCO to Port Canaveral, it will take you approximately 45 minutes. If it is a nice warm, Summer day, there could be a little beach traffic. I can't comment on how long it will take to drop off your rental car, since I've never done that.

Thank you for the replys, im assuming 90 minutes including car drop off?

I think we will stay near the airport. We'll leave at 830am.

Thanks

Correct! Remember we have Avis, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, Hertz and Enterprise here.

As you may know Shuttle Endeavor is scheduled for launch on Friday April 29 around 3:45 PM. Obama will be there, Gabby Gifford will be there, and I just heard on the radio that they are expecting half a million people to attend. Yes, ladies and gentleman, traffic is going to be a challenge. I have seen the 528 ("Beachline" from Orlando to coast) at a dead stop before these shuttle launches. Plan ahead, leave earlier than you would ordinarily. There is lots to do and see over there if you arrive early. Better safe than miss the boat, you know?

As for Saturday, the traffic should be mostly cleared out, folks at their destinations. Don't even think about getting a hotel room over there at this point - everything is sold out.

God bless and safe travels! Hope to see you on the ship!

Correct! Remember we have Avis, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, Hertz and Enterprise here.

Yes, Thank you, we have reserved with Thrifty ($47 for the night)

As you may know Shuttle Endeavor is scheduled for launch on Friday April 29 around 3:45 PM. Obama will be there, Gabby Gifford will be there, and I just heard on the radio that they are expecting half a million people to attend. Yes, ladies and gentleman, traffic is going to be a challenge. I have seen the 528 ("Beachline" from Orlando to coast) at a dead stop before these shuttle launches. Plan ahead, leave earlier than you would ordinarily. There is lots to do and see over there if you arrive early. Better safe than miss the boat, you know?

As for Saturday, the traffic should be mostly cleared out, folks at their destinations. Don't even think about getting a hotel room over there at this point - everything is sold out.

God bless and safe travels! Hope to see you on the ship!

I'm talking about the 5th/6th of august.

But thank you anyway. I wish I was there to see the launch (I did get to see one 2 years ago, which was awesome)

But thank you anyway. I wish I was there to see the launch (I did get to see one 2 years ago, which was awesome)

Please confirm they do not have a one way drop charge. They do sometimes.

I didn't know you were booking with Thrifty. Plug in your dates and pickup/drop off information again and use corporate # 004M001010, and tell me you can't get it less than $47.

Please confirm they do not have a one way drop charge. They do sometimes.

There is a drop off fee of about $17, but that is included in the $47 rate. However the return rate from the port back to MCO on Saturday the 13th, there is a drop of rate of about $40, i guess because its at the airport.

I didn't know you were booking with Thrifty. Plug in your dates and pickup/drop off information again and use corporate # 004M001010, and tell me you can't get it less than $47.

It gave it for me at $46, so a dollar cheaper. Thanks for the code though.

Actually my mistake, I was able to get the car for just over $45 (not $47) this is with the entertainment card.

• 2 weeks later...
hey Orlando -what is that corporate rate? Don't have to have any id or anything?

It's the Orlando Magicard rate and available to all free here: http://www.visitorlando.com/discounts-and-tickets/free-magicard-orlando-discount-card/?source=magicard

If you want the card itself, you can print one here:http://www.visitorlando.com/includes/content/images/media/docs/Orlando-Magicard.pdf

Archived