Why Denver, CO?

croozergrl

Sailing on the Victory out of San Juan on Sunday and have a very important question...does anyone know why the Carnival ships get local Denver TV stations? I am sure it has something to do with the satellites but just wondering.

Until just very recently Denver was the only way that Carnival could provide the normal network channels... ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. Carnival has now been able to contract with new affiliates out of Miami to provide the network feeds. The new feeds start next week so expect a change on the Victory!

:)

From John's FB post

John Heald

Starting next week across the fleet our new TV programing starts with clear and total access to NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX . These will be Miami stations and not Colorado as before. No........we dont have Fox news but continue with our CNN and ESPN packages.

I think the change sucks as I always enjoyed seeing snow on the ground at home when I was on my balcony having a drink and a cigarette :).

Now I'll just have to have a drink and a cig and think of freezing my a** off back home instead of seeing it.

I think the change sucks as I always enjoyed seeing snow on the ground at home when I was on my balcony having a drink and a cigarette :).

Now I'll just have to have a drink and a cig and think of freezing my a** off back home instead of seeing it.

Yes, we always enjoyed being able to keep up with local news/weather/sports!!!!!! while on vacation....

Guess we'll have to adapt..........NO PROBLEM MON, we're on V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N!!:D

I agree I like to see the snow on the ground when I am at sea in 80 degreee weather.

Yes, we always enjoyed being able to keep up with local news/weather/sports!!!!!! while on vacation....

Guess we'll have to adapt..........NO PROBLEM MON, we're on V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N!!:D

I agree I like to see the snow on the ground when I am at sea in 80 degreee weather.

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto.

We had the Miami stations aboard "Dream" a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't care less, except it is nice to get "local weather" while on a cruise, instead of seeing the constant snow in Denver. (sorry Coloradans) :) There were a couple of stations that were ALL broadcast in Spanish, but no big deal?

"SKY"

Archived