Sydney to Hawaii itenary info???

Hi, my apologies if this has been covered before, but I cant quite find the info I am looking for.

I'm eyeing one of the Sydney to Hawaii 18 night cruises on celebrity Solstice for april 2013 ( far too long away ) but the cruise has only 6 port days, with one being noumea, 3 stops in tahiti, and 2 in hawaii. Obviously getting to see both tahiti and hawaii is a HUGE incentive, but I'm slightly worried about there being 12 sea days, but I don't really see that being too much of a problem if the weather is good.

I'd love any input from anyone who has done this type of cruise with the large numbers of sea days and how they handled them, or perhaps any kind of info from anyone who has sailed on Solstice previously and can enlighten me a bit on what she is like.

:) thanks in advance

Hi, my apologies if this has been covered before, but I cant quite find the info I am looking for.

I'm eyeing one of the Sydney to Hawaii 18 night cruises on celebrity Solstice for april 2013 ( far too long away ) but the cruise has only 6 port days, with one being noumea, 3 stops in tahiti, and 2 in hawaii. Obviously getting to see both tahiti and hawaii is a HUGE incentive, but I'm slightly worried about there being 12 sea days, but I don't really see that being too much of a problem if the weather is good.

I'd love any input from anyone who has done this type of cruise with the large numbers of sea days and how they handled them, or perhaps any kind of info from anyone who has sailed on Solstice previously and can enlighten me a bit on what she is like.

We sailed on Princess from Seattle to Sydney and DS turned 13 on the trip. We had even more sea days than you and they were wonderful. A lot depends on what your family enjoys. In April, the pool weather should be perfect. Some folks get stir crazy but the ship will have all kinds of different activites to keep you interested and busy if you choose. Our cruise was the family favorite.

HI,

I am in the process of booking this cruise. There is already a rollcall for this cruise so you could ask any questions on the rollcall and they may be able to help you. I have asked a few questions and all have been answered.

I just love sea days!:D nice and relaxing.

Chez

6 port days out of 18 is 33%. We had 22 port days out of 82 - Brisbane to Southampton and return. I like sea days and don't think that 12 days in 18 is too bad - but 60 out of 82 was definitely TOO MANY!! :)

Barry

6 port days out of 18 is 33%. We had 22 port days out of 82 - Brisbane to Southampton and return. I like sea days and don't think that 12 days in 18 is too bad - but 60 out of 82 was definitely TOO MANY!! :)

Barry

i don't really have a problem with sea days, the trick is to convince the hubby!

• 5 months later...

We did Sydney to Hawaii on Rhapsody this year with 2 kids. Had a wonderful time and were not bored with the sea days at all. In fact it was lovely having so much free time to enjoy the ship properly.

The weather in April was amazing. It wasn't rough at all and it barely rained maybe a couple of half days at the most???? But the Captain did say it was the best crossing weather wise he has ever done! Tahiti wasn't too hot at that time of year. Yes still hot but not unbearable.

Book it while you can, you really won't regret it :)

Archived