Elation- Mobile

fraz0132

A few questions.

1. What is the easiest way to board the ship in Mobile (parking)?

2. What is the dress code for men and women in the dinning room? (shorts?) When are the formal nights for a 7 day?

3. Suggestions on Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel excursions. Book through Carnival or on my own? Looking for one day of snorkeling. Anything we must do/see at any of the ports?

Anything else I need to know or do?

Thanks

:)

Both times I have gone out of Mobile, I have parked at the Admiral Semmes Hotel ($55 parking), with a free shuttle to the port. I never anted to get in the mess of parking at the port - or chance having to park at the convention center and still be shuttled to the port. I highly recommend using Admiral Semmes.

Only dress shorts are permitted in the dining room. The last Maitre D' we had on there in September was pretty picky on elegant nights. A family next to us only had a few people make it in (the rest were in cargo shorts, t-shirts, and jeans. They happened to be right behind us in line). Other nights, you might could get away with shorts, but definitely not gym shorts. My husband usually wears a suit on elegant night, and khakis the other nights.

Sorry, no suggestions for your ports.

Have a great trip!

Im using the $5 a day parking at Mobile Bay Adventure Inn next week when I cuise on Elation and walking over. I only have a carry on and a backpack and my purse, so its a easy walk.

Its expensive at the port. I dont think we got on until nearly Noon last time. There were three huge weddings they had to deal with boarding first. They wouldnt let VIP even thru the xray machines because there were so many with the wedding parties.

When we went out of Mobile in Nov/Dec we parked at the port. Yes it is expensive, but it was VERY easy getting in and out and not having to wait for someone to come pick us up. There was a line when we got there, but it moved very quickly and in no time at all we were parked and headed toward check in!!

Can't help you with the ports, but in the dining room we saw everything from camo clothes to long dresses. Most people wore nice clothes... slacks or dresses for women and a nice shirt and pants for men.

We enjoyed our cruise out of Mobile. Have a good time!!

Twice we have parked at the Mobile Port. Both times it was easy but was expensive.

In Cozumel we booked the Dune Buggy Tour--- We saw and did so much; Snorkel, beach party, national park tour (Mayan ruins, light house, crocodile preserve). The drive was mostly along the coast and was beautiful. My 14 year old son had a blast and so did DH and I. The tour was an ALL DAY thing but so worth it.

Archived