Marina May 16 Cruise Question

djs48

First time with Oceania and the new Marina. What are the expectations for "resort casual"? Are evening gowns and sportcoats expected for the main dining room and specialty restaurants?

First time with Oceania and the new Marina. What are the expectations for "resort casual"? Are evening gowns and sportcoats expected for the main dining room and specialty restaurants?

No ....but if you want to dress up that is not a problem

A nice dress or skirt/pant with a nice top will do for the ladies

A polo shirt or dress shirt with nice slacks for the men a jacket is optional

No shorts, jeans in the GDR or specialty restaurants

enjoy

Country club casual definitely doesn't mean evening gowns!

I have seen evening gowns on Oceania, and Renaissance before it. I have seen long dresses on women (although usually casual, not formal). I have seen nice pants suits and more casual pants suits.

Just don't wear your t-shirt and hole-y jeans to dinner in the Grand Dining Room!

Like Lyn said ... If you want to bring your formal gear along, don't feel you will be an elephant in the room! Wear it and be happy.

If you'd rather not ... then don't!

Mura

We will be cruising on May 16th and had a simular question. Thank you for the posting. Looking forward to a fabulous cruise. :)

Hi djs48 & cruiser 23,

We are also cruising Marina on May 16th. We are planning a meet n greet for other CC'ers on the pool deck before sail away. Come to the Roll Calls (search my posts for details) and let me know if you would like to join us too!

We've done this on several previous cruises & have met some wonderful CC'ers who made our cruises even more enjoyable.

Lorraine

Archived