John Bull

Hey John, just wanted to know if you've gotten your invitation to the 'Wedding'???

We want an eye witness account of what the new Princess was wearing??

:D:D:D:D:D

Cheers

Len

Huh?

Wedding?

What wedding?

John Bull :D

Huh?

Wedding?

What wedding?

John Bull :D

Hi John,

I'm jumping in on your thread with Len to ask about self-service laundromats near the Holiday Inn Herbert Walker in Southampton. I really don't want to do laundry; however, packing light to fly across the pond requires the necessity (since we will have already spent 4 days prior to our cruise)!! Thanks. Carolyn

Hi John,

I'm jumping in on your thread with Len to ask about self-service laundromats near the Holiday Inn Herbert Walker in Southampton. I really don't want to do laundry; however, packing light to fly across the pond requires the necessity (since we will have already spent 4 days prior to our cruise)!! Thanks. Carolyn

Hmmm, decades since I used a launderette (laundromat)

No guarantees, cos these are from a local search & not personal knowledge.

Atlantic Dry Cleaners 124 St Mary Street, Southampton, SO14 1PG Atlantic Dry Cleaners 49-50 Bedford Place, Southampton, SO15 2DG

Both listed to include coin-op self-service, both in the city centre but both about 1.25mile from Hol Inn, so best by a short taxi ride.

I suspect mainly used by students & bed-sitters.

I don't ever remember ironing facilities in launderettes.

JB :)

The Princess ships have self service laundromats. We spend a week before our cruise in London, I used the washer/dryer onboard. I put all the dirty clothes in one suitcase with the Purex sheet, US quarters and when the suitcase arrived in the cabin, I went to the laundry room and I was finished before muster drill.

The Princess ships have self service laundromats. We spend a week before our cruise in London, I used the washer/dryer onboard. I put all the dirty clothes in one suitcase with the Purex sheet, US quarters and when the suitcase arrived in the cabin, I went to the laundry room and I was finished before muster drill.

Yes, I love that self-service laundry feature on Princess; however, we are on Celebrity for this upcoming cruise.

Hmmm, decades since I used a launderette (laundromat)

No guarantees, cos these are from a local search & not personal knowledge.

Atlantic Dry Cleaners 124 St Mary Street, Southampton, SO14 1PG Atlantic Dry Cleaners 49-50 Bedford Place, Southampton, SO15 2DG

Both listed to include coin-op self-service, both in the city centre but both about 1.25mile from Hol Inn, so best by a short taxi ride.

I suspect mainly used by students & bed-sitters.

I don't ever remember ironing facilities in launderettes.

JB :)

Thank you, John. Looking at my map, the one on St. Mary Street must be near Southampton City College which makes sense. 1.25 mile is an easy jaunt, and I imagine there is a pub nearby!!

Thank you, John. Looking at my map, the one on St. Mary Street must be near Southampton City College which makes sense. 1.25 mile is an easy jaunt, and I imagine there is a pub nearby!!

There's a few pubs around St Mary's St, but some are - dare I say it - a bit seedy. Not unsafe, just a bit down-market.

If you use the one in St Mary's St & don't want to watch your washing going round, instead of finding a pub, walk to the top of the roasd, turn right after the rail bridge & before the main junction into Old Northam Road, at the far end check out this shop http://www.cobwebs.uk.com/ Some antique/junk shops on the way though sadly nowhere near as many as there used to be.

Bedford Place is equally convenient, edge of the city centre, lots of student house-shares, lots of offices. Pubs & wine-bars, frequented by office workers & perhaps a bit more "you"

JB

There's a few pubs around St Mary's St, but some are - dare I say it - a bit seedy. Not unsafe, just a bit down-market.

If you use the one in St Mary's St & don't want to watch your washing going round, instead of finding a pub, walk to the top of the roasd, turn right after the rail bridge & before the main junction into Old Northam Road, at the far end check out this shop http://www.cobwebs.uk.com/ Some antique/junk shops on the way though sadly nowhere near as many as there used to be.

Bedford Place is equally convenient, edge of the city centre, lots of student house-shares, lots of offices. Pubs & wine-bars, frequented by office workers & perhaps a bit more "you"

JB

John,

Doing the laundry and shopping sound like my "cup of tea"; however, my husband would rather have a pint of ale...so I think we will use the laundromat near Bedford Place.

Thank you. Carolyn

Archived