Oasis Room Question=Noise?

I am a very light sleeper. Wondering should we book a balcony park view or stick with a ocean view, mainly because of noise. Can you hear any of the things going on in the "parks" area? Of course depending on level I know. Thanks!

With a Central Park Balcony you will hear what's going on on the pool deck, especially when the band is playing. That is only during the day though -- I don't recall anything bands up there at night.

Otherwise it is very quiet at night w/a Central Park balcony.

Just a note that you are not supposed to sleep with your balcony door open; it affects your air conditioning. When the door is ajar, the A/C shuts off automatically.

The walls on Oasis were the thinnest we've ever experienced on any RCI ship. I swear I could hear everything our neighbors were doing, it was that bad (seriously). We got used to it, but it was still bothersome.

I would book an ocean balcony; that way, you actually feel like you are on a cruise, plus there is more privacy as you don't have people in other rooms looking across or up into yours. That's my opinion. :)

Thanks for the info! We can't decide on what rooms but this will sure help us!

We were in 11222 and it is across from some service doors that made a lot of noise.

Plus, your cabin door is right beside the next cabin door, so if they slam their door you will surely hear it. The 2 cabin doors are indented as you walk down the hall. So they are side by side and Open outward into the indented area.

I guess you will have some sounds, no matter where you stay?

We always take an ocean view balcony but thoght we would try an inside balcony on the Oasis last month. We had a Central Park room on deck 10 and there was no noise at any time. HOWEVER, an inside balcony is like being in an urban apartment house .Will NEVER book an inside balcony aqain.

We had a Cenral Park Balcony on deck 11 adn never heard anything. We loved it. We are tryinga Boardwalk Baclony on the Allure. We are willing to risk some noise there to be able to watch the boardwalk and aqua theater and the zip line.

Archived