Quick question - what do I do with case of water?

momtogkc

I feel like I have learned and read so much on here, but now that my cruise is tomorrow I'm starting to forget things! :eek:

I just bought a case of water for the trip, do I just tape the luggage tag to it?

I think I've remembered almost everything - still have to run to the store to get a lanyard for me card and get a case of beer that they will hopefully let me bring on board. Other than that I've got my main bag packed, only need to do my carry on, then we are off tomorrow morning for our first ever cruise!! :D

Here are a few more great facts you can learn on Cruisecritic:

1. Princess does not allow you to take beer onboard. They will confiscate it at the gangway and return it to you on the last night of the cruise. If you are unable to drink the entire case in one day and try to take it back home with you, US Customs may try to charge you import duty on it.

2. The tap water on the ship is far more pure than the 25 pounds of water you are buying and schlepping all the way to the ship. And the tap water is free. Leave the case of water at home - along with the case of beer. Take an empty bottle with you, and re-fill it from the tap whenever you need to.

Thank you for the tips, but I am still going to at least try to bring the beer. I have read here on the Princess boards that sometimes beer is allowed. If it is, great. If they take it, no big deal. I drink cheap beer and I don't mind if I lose my $15. I'm not a wine drinker so I figured I'd gamble and try with the beer.

Not sure about the water. I do like to have my own, but schlepping it might be a pain. We're driving from home so I think all I'd have to do is get it to the baggage people, but I could be totally wrong since I've never done this before. Our normal family trip is to Disney and I always bring my own water, but then again their water tastes gross to me.

Here are a few more great facts you can learn on Cruisecritic:

1. Princess does not allow you to take beer onboard. They will confiscate it at the gangway and return it to you on the last night of the cruise. If you are unable to drink the entire case in one day and try to take it back home with you, US Customs may try to charge you import duty on it.

2. The tap water on the ship is far more pure than the 25 pounds of water you are buying and schlepping all the way to the ship. And the tap water is free. Leave the case of water at home - along with the case of beer. Take an empty bottle with you, and re-fill it from the tap whenever you need to.

Princess certainly does allow you to bring a case of beer onboard. We did and plan on doing it again.

We always take a case of water...we paste a luggage tag on the case and it arrives at our cabin minus 1 bottle!! Do not know why, but that has been our experience these past several cruises. Wishing you calm seas and blue skies!!

I take both water and beer. They both end up in my cabin. Tape a luggage tag onto the cases and off you go.

One more thing. People really tend to get off on their own tangents and instead of answering a question, they offer their opinion. The OP asked:

"I just bought a case of water for the trip, do I just tape the luggage tag to it?"

Just answer the question. We know the water on the ship is great but we like to bring our own water because we like to keep it on ice and have an ice cold bottle when we return to our cabin. We understand that there are some of you that think this is silly or don't wish to be bothered with this. Or you might carry some empty bottles and refill. That is fine... Some of us don't like to be bothered by that and just want our own bottles filled when we want them. What is good for you isn't necessarily good for all.. and if you are really bothered by it..then stay away from the treads that talk about bringing beverages on the ship...

Thank you...

OP.. have a great cruise with your beer and water...

I take both water and beer. They both end up in my cabin. Tape a luggage tag onto the cases and off you go.

One more thing. People really tend to get off on their own tangents and instead of answering a question, they offer their opinion. The OP asked:

"I just bought a case of water for the trip, do I just tape the luggage tag to it?"

Just answer the question. We know the water on the ship is great but we like to bring our own water because we like to keep it on ice and have an ice cold bottle when we return to our cabin. We understand that there are some of you that think this is silly or don't wish to be bothered with this. Or you might carry some empty bottles and refill. That is fine... Some of us don't like to be bothered by that and just want our own bottles filled when we want them. What is good for you isn't necessarily good for all.. and if you are really bothered by it..then stay away from the treads that talk about bringing beverages on the ship...

Thank you...

OP.. have a great cruise with your beer and water...

Hmmmmmm......didn't you just go off on a tangent by saying they everyone else goes off on a tangent? :D Just saying...... Have a great cruise :)

Even though I completely trust the water on board as safe and pure, I still don't like the taste of the water on board. I prefer bottled water purely for the taste factor. The convenience of having water in the fridge is always cold and ready to drink is also a plus.

We have just come home from a back to back on CB. The first week the tap water was fine. The second week it was so highly chlorinated it was undrinkable. It even stung my eyes when I took a shower. We were not the only people who complained about this. As yet we are waiting for an explanation. One couple who had taken a soda package had their money returned when they complained about the taste.

Princess has an excellent water purification system as this prevents onboard illness! I find their water to be extremely good and probably as pure as bottled water without having to recycle the plastic and carry the weight! Google Princess and water purification and you will see that health inspections echo this.

So, when you brought your beer onboard, did you carry it on or attach a luggage tag to it so it would be delivered with your luggage?

-Meghan

We carried it on without a problem but I am sure you could slap a luggage tag on it also

We always take a case of water...we paste a luggage tag on the case and it arrives at our cabin minus 1 bottle!! Do not know why, but that has been our experience these past several cruises. Wishing you calm seas and blue skies!!

I've noticed that too. Or, one bottle is returned opened and a small amount of water is gone. I think they randomly test one bottle of the case for safety's sake. At least this is the only thing I can figure out. Or, maybe one of the stevedores just gets thirsty and can't resist? ;)

We just got off the Ruby last Sunday. We took on a 12 pack of beer and 3 bottles of wine, which were in our carry-on. The scanner smiled at us and said "Partytime" when they went through and we weren't stopped. I wish we had had more beer-- we could have sold a bundle when we were at Grand Turk and they were "closed" for the day due to Good Friday! We also took loads of stuff onto the Car. Princess last April. If you don't make a big deal about it then they usually don't either.

We always take a case of water...we paste a luggage tag on the case and it arrives at our cabin minus 1 bottle!! Do not know why, but that has been our experience these past several cruises. Wishing you calm seas and blue skies!![/q

security .

Archived