Wine not in origional container

sandyoftheseas

My mom likes to bring a certain kind of wine not available on the ship. She was planning on bringing about 6oz in a plastic bottle in her checked luggage then transfering it to her carry-on once we get off the airplane and to the port. Is this acceptable?

My mom likes to bring a certain kind of wine not available on the ship. She was planning on bringing about 6oz in a plastic bottle in her checked luggage then transfering it to her carry-on once we get off the airplane and to the port. Is this acceptable?

Eh? is it homemade or something? moonshine?

just bring it on board it its bottle. :confused: must be in your carry on.

If they see this wine as you describe not in the original bottle they would normally confiscate and not return. ken

We fly from Canada so have plane changes and everything and have had no issue at all with breakage. I pack it in a plastic bubble sleeve and put in 2 grocery bags. When get to the hotel I just transfer it to my carry on. And it MUST be in an original sealed bottle. Like another poster said - it is a lot of work for 6 oz of wine. If she chooses to do this she won't be losing a lot of money or wine so I say go for it if she wants.

Thanks for your quick replies. My mom did not want to bring the glass bottle just in case it broke and she will not drink the whole bottle. No it is not moonshine (I've had moonshine before and it tasted AWEFUL!) it is a local pear wine.

Unless it's a commerically produced pear wine, like Black Star, it will most likely be confiscated. Some cruisers use rumrunner flasks which does have containers for wine. www.rumrunnerflasks.com If small enough (8 oz size), you can fit one in your pocket when going through security at your embarcation port and probably get through without any trouble. If it is commercially produced and has an unbroken seal, some of the tips on packing the bottle for air travel posted in this thread are very useful.

Any food or beverage in an opened container is illegal to transport in or out of certain countries, so, the answer would be no. This has nothing to do with whether it is "moonshine" or a favorite glass of water.....and smuggling is just not worth the hassle.

Archived