Emerald Princess - Any reviews?

cruisinrg

Unless I missed it (which is possible), I haven't seen any reviews on the Emerald Princess. We are thinking about going on the 10 night April 2012. We have been on the Caribbean Princess and the Grand, but that was several years ago. We are pretty loyal to Royal and have tried the Celebrity Solstice, which was beautiful, but we felt there wasn't alot going on in the evenings.

Would appreciate any reviews on the Emerald

We did two back to backs on the Emerald last July and October (even had the same cabin, steward and waiter!). We enjoyed both; although, we like the piano bar with more sing- along type performers. Food was good, service good. Not enough chairs around the adult only pool. Entertainment was comparable to RCL. I really like to way Princess has their closets - much easier to use. Very friendly staff. I think you will like your choice. Must say, I really liked the Celebrity Solstice - gorgeous ship and nicest bathrooms I've ever had in a balcony cabin.

Rosemary

Click on my review of the Emerald in my signature below done last in August 2010. We were in the western Caribbean, but you can at least get an idea of what the ship was like. It's a gorgeous ship, and we're booked on her again for summer 2012 to the Baltics. Enjoy!

Me too. We are thinking about Emerald 10 nights South Caribbean next year. Appreciate if anyone can share your experience. And if it can be compared to Serenade from RCCL is much better for us.

I have never been on the Emerald but we are booked on her 10 day Southern Caribbean itinerary on April 16th, 2012. I am really looking forward to the ports-they look awesome! Come join us:)

We're just off the Emerald this past Weds. 4/17-4/27, a 10 dayer and I must say it was one of the greatest cruises ever. We're D+ on RCCL and needed a change. We were pleasantly surprised, with the yummy food, nice crew, clean and beautiful ship. It was so relaxing, it was just what we needed. Nice thing was we booked a bal gty and ended up on the Carib deck, with the big balcony. Not too crazy about the fact that the balcony isn't completely covered.

Book it, you won't be disappointed;)

I have never been on the Emerald but we are booked on her 10 day Southern Caribbean itinerary on April 16th, 2012. I am really looking forward to the ports-they look awesome! Come join us:)

Thanks, Blueridgemama. I really wish we could join you on Emerald, but unfortunately Apr is not the right time for us since it's still school time for my daughter. The only chance for us is Marchbreak and Xmas to caribbean area.:(

We did two back to backs on the Emerald last July and October (even had the same cabin, steward and waiter!). We enjoyed both; although, we like the piano bar with more sing- along type performers. Food was good, service good. Not enough chairs around the adult only pool. Entertainment was comparable to RCL. I really like to way Princess has their closets - much easier to use. Very friendly staff. I think you will like your choice. Must say, I really liked the Celebrity Solstice - gorgeous ship and nicest bathrooms I've ever had in a balcony cabin.

Rosemary

we are thinking of the Celebrity Equinox for the Panama Canal. Do they have Trivia games and such? HAL..to me...is wonderful with food, service, beauty of the ship..good productions..but NOTHING to on Sea Days....is Celebrity like that? If so...We too are thinking of Princess again...the Island Princess. And we do like Princess very much. It is just a change sometimes to go on another line..if you have a good time. Otherwise..dumb move for me

We have been on the Emerald a couple of times and really enjoyed her.

Our main complaint because of the number of passengers is that you have to be at the early show over a half hour early if you want to get in. We took a book and read.

Other than that the ship is great, good food, easy off on, and a great crew. Very good itineraries.

Did a 10 day on the Emerald last month and had a wonderful time overall. It's my first time on the Emerald, and she's a beautiful ship (but then, IMO, all Princess ships are beautiful ..... I love the classy pastel decor), and well laid out. I cruised alone this time, because my cruising buddy had to cancel at the last minute. But I had cruise friends who were also on it, and we all had a great time. Excellent service everywhere aboard, as always, great food, enjoyable entertainment, very good excursion offerings.

I certainly would not hesitate to book another cruise on this particular ship.

we are thinking of the Celebrity Equinox for the Panama Canal. Do they have Trivia games and such? HAL..to me...is wonderful with food, service, beauty of the ship..good productions..but NOTHING to on Sea Days....is Celebrity like that? If so...We too are thinking of Princess again...the Island Princess. And we do like Princess very much. It is just a change sometimes to go on another line..if you have a good time. Otherwise..dumb move for me

I think you will enjoy Celebrity on sea days. They do have Trivia as well as other activities, particularly good lecture series on cruises such as a panama canal one. Must say though that HAL had lecture series and computer workshops, etc. on a 33 day cruise to the South Pacific. I really feel that Princess, HAL and Celebrity are about equal. RCL has the free cocktails every evening for their Diamond and up members; Princess has the free laundry for Elite; Celebrity is beginning to offer more to its most loyal members but I don't think HAL does much of anything.

Rosemary

This was very helpful - thanks everyone :) we did book the Emerald for April 6, 2010 - it's a 10 nighter, we're looking forward to it. We're heading out in 3 weeks on the Allure. I do remember when we sailed on the Caribbean Princess that we had to get to some of the shows earlier if they were in the smaller lounges. Does anyone know if the showers have curtains or doors? I have to say the bathrooms on the Solstice were great.

Archived