Renting a tux

redcruzer

Has anyone used carnival to rent a tuxedo? My fiancé is thinking of using them rather than bringing his own, it is for our wedding onboard, so we want to make sure they are nice and of as same quality as ones rented from a store. Thanks

Well, I can't speak for the quality of tuxedos rented from a land-based store, but we rented one for my step father for our Baltic cruise. It was a fabulous tux, and he looked wonderful. The entire tux was very high quality. We provided his measurements so they had it ready when we got on board. They told us if there was anything that didn't quite fit, just let them know and they would either adjust the tuxedo, or provide a different piece (whichever allowed for the best fit). We didn't have to switch anything, or have anything adjusted.

Good luck!

i have rented a tux with carnival 6 times before and will have one on the miracle on may 30. they are the same as land based because they come from a land based tux rental store. its usually a local place depending on where your port is. i asked the girl at the shop one year out of curiosity where they tuxes came from. they always look great and its so much better than trying to pack a suit. i like to make fun of the wife as she struggles to pack a gown for the 2 elegant nights.

I have also always rented my tux from onboard the ship and have been happy with the choices.

My only concern would be for your particular situation. Is your wedding ceremony on the ship but prior to departure? Or is it sometime later during the cruise?

The reason I ask is that if it is scheduled prior to departure, I'm not even sure the tux would be on the ship and readily available. I usually have to pick my tux up from the Formalities Shoppe and they don't usually open until 2 or 3 in the afternoon on the day of embarkation.

I'm sure special arrangements could be made but you'd have to ensure that communication before hand.

I have also always rented my tux from onboard the ship and have been happy with the choices.

My only concern would be for your particular situation. Is your wedding ceremony on the ship but prior to departure? Or is it sometime later during the cruise?

The reason I ask is that if it is scheduled prior to departure, I'm not even sure the tux would be on the ship and readily available. I usually have to pick my tux up from the Formalities Shoppe and they don't usually open until 2 or 3 in the afternoon on the day of embarkation.

I'm sure special arrangements could be made but you'd have to ensure that communication before hand.

That is something I better look into ....thanks

Has anyone used carnival to rent a tuxedo? My fiancé is thinking of using them rather than bringing his own, it is for our wedding onboard, so we want to make sure they are nice and of as same quality as ones rented from a store. Thanks

I rented one via Carnival in 2008, it was a nice tux and nice not to have to drag it on/off with us. I would say to get some thick black socks ahead of the cruise since the shoes hurt on the heel.

Congrats on your wedding!

Archived