San Francisco pier #

spikecat

** Text portion of Princess Information **

Port Address

The Embarcadero San Francisco, CA 94111

Port Detail

The Port of San Francisco is located along the Embarcadero waterfront. Passengers will enter from the Embarcadero into a small lobby area where soft security checks will take place for photo ID and passenger cruise documents. Due to heightened security measures taxis, limos, private cars, shuttle vans, etc. are no longer permitted to enter Pier 35. Coaches may be permitted into the terminal if they have provided their full security details at least 48 hours in advance to Princess Cruises’ appointed Ground Handler. Otherwise, they will have to load and unload their guests on the sidewalk. San Francisco Police Department will not permit vehicles to wait on the curb for any reason, unless actively in the process of loading or unloading their passengers.

Luggage Handling

Prior to arriving at the pier, please ensure that all Princess luggage tags are attached (additional Princess luggage tags can be obtained at the pier). This is in addition to your personal identification tag.

Curbside porters are available at the pier to take baggage to the vessel for delivery by shipboard personnel to your stateroom. It is customary to tip the porter for this service. Please be advised that curbside porters are not employees of Princess Cruises. You are responsible for your belongings at all times. For security reasons, we remind you to keep your hand luggage, including laptops, cameras, any medications, all travel documentation (passports, visas, etc.) and other valuables, in your possession at all times.

Distances/Taxi Fares

Parking Information*

FROM/TO

DISTANCE & TIME

TAXI FARE* SFO Airport / Pier 20 miles - - 45 minutes $50 - $60

SFO Airport / City Center 18 miles - - 30 minutes $40 - $50

Parking operated by Ace Parking: (415) 398-0208 The cost is USD $12 per calendar day Ace Parking accepts cash payments only. No credit cards or personal checks accepted Long term parking for cruise passengers is available

For the most up-to-date information please visit http://www.sfgov.org/sfport

*All taxicab transfer fares and all parking rates are approximate and are subject to change. The rates contained herein are for information purposes, only.

Directions From the East Bay, Bay Bridge

1. Take Fremont Exit (on right side of bridge).

2. Proceed 1 block and turn right on Mission.

3. Continue 4 blocks to the Embarcadero and turn left.

4. Proceed about 11⁄2 miles to Pier 35, turn right into Pier 35.

From South of San Francisco

1. Take 280 North.

2. Exit at end of 280 Freeway at King.

3. Continue 3 blocks on King which turns into the Embarcadero traveling west.

4. Proceed about 2 miles to Pier 35, turn right into Pier 35.

Hope this helps. (Me, I'd buy the Princess Transfers from SFO)

Does anyone know what pier the Sea Princess leaves from on it's 10 day RT to Alaska? What public transportation (other than cab) is there from SF airport to the ship?

I think it leaves from Pier 35. There are shuttles at the airport that take you downtown and Fisherman's Wharf. I don't know if they drop and pick-up passengers at the Cruise Pier.:cool:

Next year (April 2012) we are planning on using the shuttle from SFO to our hotel at Fisherman's wharf.:cool:

Does anyone know what pier the Sea Princess leaves from on it's 10 day RT to Alaska? What public transportation (other than cab) is there from SF airport to the ship?

You will leave from either Pier 35 or 27, check the personalizer it should indicate which one. They are less than 1/4 mile from each other. We have used Supershuttle and they did drop us off at the Pier. This was several years ago so you may want to call them just to make sure.

According to the Port of San Francisco 2011 Cruise Ship Calendar, the Sea Princess will be using both Pier 35 South and Pier 27 this year. Check your cruise pier on this website.

http://www.sf-port.org/index.aspx?page=367

The Piers are about 25 miles from SFO. It is complicated to take public transit with luggage. I would recommend you consider Princess transfers or Super Shuttle.

http://www.supershuttle.com/en/SFOAirportShuttleSanFrancisco.html

Our DS used Super Shuttle when he was going to school in the Bay Area.

My Port of San Francisco cruise ship schedule shows pier#27 for our May 20 cruise. I have looked at a few other dates for the same cruise on the Sea Princess and they all show pier#27.

This might be a better location than pier#35 because it is farther away from all the crowds and traffic around pier#35.

All Princess cruises are scheduled to use pier 27 in 2011 and Crystal Cruises are using pier 35. (this has to do with the shore power that has been installed at pier 27 and that pier 27 is where the new terminal will be)

That being said, SFPort and the city are working on the Americas cup and pier 27 is an integral part of the plan. The shore power system will be temporarily removed and stored so the Americas Cup construction can proceed. When that is done Princess will return to pier 35 until after the Americas Cup is over and the new terminal is built. Nobody, absolutely nobody knows when this will happen. If you know anything about the SF Port Authority, you know they are the most screwed up and dysfunctional government body in the country. So, best to check on a regular basis.

for the update. Doesn't sound like much has been done to pier 27. We were there last October boarding the Island Princess. I believe she was the first ship to hook up to shore power; there was some kind of ceremony that day too. I was hoping maybe some of the facilities would have been upgraded by now. :D At least I know what to expect.

My Port of San Francisco cruise ship schedule shows pier#27 for our May 20 cruise. I have looked at a few other dates for the same cruise on the Sea Princess and they all show pier#27.

This might be a better location than pier#35 because it is farther away from all the crowds and traffic around pier#35.

Interesting. If you look at the link below you will see the May 20 cruise scheduled for pier 35.

http://www.sf-port.org/index.aspx?page=367

Here is a link to the Port of SF website that has parking information for the cruise piers. http://www.sfport.com/index.aspx?page=157

Most of the major car rental companies...Avis, Hertz, Enterprise,Budget have locations near Fisherman's Wharf, which is close to the cruise piers. Just look for locations on Beach, Mason or Bay Streets.

For the September 7th cruise, the Sea Princess will leave from (and I assume return to) Pier #27.

Is that the nearest one to the place we are staying ? The Tuscan at Fisherman's Wharf ?

Is there a parking lot there or is the parking at Pier 35 ?

Thanx, Pat

I hope this clarifies not confuses still further.

Pier 27 is just 5 min walk from Pier 35. The parking lot is sort of midway between the two -- depending where one crosses the Embarcadero Road.

Last year, the pier for Sea Princess kept changing. Once you are booked, the Princess notification at the bottom of the Itin gives the Pier info and it may also keep changing. Last year, the Princess info was accurate and the port website was not correct. I was at the Piers at least 4 times for Sea Princess -- to drop someone, pickup someone, and then embark/disembark for our cruise.

Is that the nearest one to the place we are staying ? The Tuscan at Fisherman's Wharf ?

Thanx, Pat

Thanx, Pat

I don't know; about either question.

When the Sea Princess docked last May I was too tired & excited to be "almost home" to see what was around that particular pier.

Archived