"free Cruises" from Travel Agencies

vyk

My husband received a postcard stating that in celebration of their anniversary in our area he had been selected to receive a free 8 day/7night cruise to Freeport, Bahamas, St. Thomas from Los Angeles. He called the number and of course you have to go an listen to what ever it is they are selling. They don't disclose the name of TA, only that the meeting is in Orange County CA. I am extremely skeptical that this is a scam, but DH wants to check it out. Has anyone had experience with this. The cruise is on Carnival.

My husband received a postcard stating that in celebration of their anniversary in our area he had been selected to receive a free 8 day/7night cruise to Freeport, Bahamas, St. Thomas from Los Angeles. He called the number and of course you have to go an listen to what ever it is they are selling. They don't disclose the name of TA, only that the meeting is in Orange County CA. I am extremely skeptical that this is a scam, but DH wants to check it out. Has anyone had experience with this. The cruise is on Carnival.

Good luck getting from LA to Freeport and back in eight days...

If it sounds too good to be true...

:rolleyes:

I went and its a sales pitch for a vacation club, expensive of course.

You pay fees and taxes, sounds not too bad. I had my choice of 4 days for $179 pp (x 2 of course) or $299 for a 7 day. Not too bad right since my postcard said Galveston. Turned out after a year they did a bait and switch to Miami and I only paid for a 4 day. Im not flying to Miami. I could go on. After pushing I got a 4 day out of New Orleans on Triumph in the worst imaginable cabin. I thought there werent any this bad or noisy, but I was wrong. .. but I went of course :) Good food, right before xmas last dec.

Its the "fees" you pay is the catch. Yours probably will cost more for a 8 day than what I was offered.

A couple weeks ago,I got a phone call telling me that in celebration of the opening of "their" newest travel agency, I would receive a 'free' 6 day cruise from either New Orleans or Mobile.

Guess what? There are no 6 day cruises from either port.

If they would have said 5 or 7 days, I might have called them back just to have some fun with them.

JimmyJames

Got my card last week..Immediately circular filed it having read about it here on CruiseCritic. My question is, how did they get this info about Carnival past guests. Did we agree somewhere that Carnival could sell our info?

Archived