Best areas to stay in Barcelona?

ms1962

Thanks for the information Infi, it's very helpful. I know we won't be out on the Ramblas very late but I'm thinking it would be fun to watch the action. So many choices!

No problem. :) Having a lot of hotel choices in Barcelona is a wonderful problem to have - it's a great city, you're going to love it. Good luck with your decision!

I came across your thread while I was sititing here with my map of Barcelona from our visit three years ago. We stayed at two smaller hotels that we enjoyed very much. One is the Raco del Pi, in the Gothic Quarter. It had a great breakfast and the rooms were reasonable. On "Pi" street, you have to walk there because there are no cars in the Gothic quarter. It's about two blocks from Las Ramblas and surrounded by cafe's, ice cream stores and those little convenience stores that all sell panini. The other place was La Ciutat Barcelona on Princesa Street near the Picasso Museum. That area does allow cars. Here are the web addresses I have (I apologize if they do not work because I haven't checked them in three years!):

www.ciutatbarcelona.com

www.h10hotels.com/eng/barcelona-hotels/h10-raco-del-pi.php

I came across your thread while I was sititing here with my map of Barcelona from our visit three years ago. We stayed at two smaller hotels that we enjoyed very much. One is the Raco del Pi, in the Gothic Quarter. It had a great breakfast and the rooms were reasonable. On "Pi" street, you have to walk there because there are no cars in the Gothic quarter. It's about two blocks from Las Ramblas and surrounded by cafe's, ice cream stores and those little convenience stores that all sell panini. The other place was La Ciutat Barcelona on Princesa Street near the Picasso Museum. That area does allow cars. Here are the web addresses I have (I apologize if they do not work because I haven't checked them in three years!):

www.ciutatbarcelona.com

www.h10hotels.com/eng/barcelona-hotels/h10-raco-del-pi.php

Thank you very much for these recommendations. I've been interested in a hotel in both of these areas and both hotels look very nice. We're not going to Barcelona for a leat 16 months but I've bookmarked these.

When you stayed at Raco del Pi did you have a lot of luggage? We tend to travel pretty heavily on cruises and I'm just wondering if it would be difficult getting luggage to the Hotel and up to our room.

try the Atruim palace Hotel ..it's on a nice tree lined street & you can walk to everything--there are places to eat, shop & enjoy close by! very nice street.. great price, nice breakfast plan, free internet & great staff!

we stayed there pre-cruise & walked to the Old area, the Cathedral, Music palace, underground Roman ruins , the Gaudi houses, La Sagrada Familia, Placa catalunya, the shopping area & Las Ramblas... .

Post cruise we stayed at a hotel right on Las Ramblas (used to be a convent I think) but it sure was noisy right on the street---loud way into the night. it is also not convenient for busses & taxis--as each side is one way..we had to wheel our luggage down las ramblas after our post cruise tour!

Archived