U.S., U.K. Warn Travelers Abroad to Take Caution

LauraS

I won't be changing my travel plans...I'll leave that to the cruise line if they see fit.

However....

The headlines this morning, fill me with absolutely mixed feelings.

Pandora's box has been not only opened but totally ransacked....the death of Bin Laden....I know that people are dancing in the streets with happiness, and politicians are patting each other on the back....but I cannot help but wonder what the hell is going to happen now. I just hope that complacency does not increase just cos this man is gone, there are many others only too willing to fill his shoes and those others will be far more dangerous and far more indiscriminate than Bin Laden ever was...especially in the times that we are in now with so much change and uprising happening in the Arab world. The timing of Bin Laden's death could not have been worse in many ways.....as much as it is good that he is dead and therefore unable to harm people anymore, I cannot escape the fact that by his death we have made this world a far more dangerous place.

Woke up and turned on the TV in stateroom to see this. Not much we can do berthed in Cobh though :)

Not seen any difference in the on/offboarding regarding security. If there is any additional info or subtle changes I will pass on.

I won't be changing my travel plans...I'll leave that to the cruise line if they see fit.

However....

The headlines this morning, fill me with absolutely mixed feelings.

Pandora's box has been not only opened but totally ransacked....the death of Bin Laden....I know that people are dancing in the streets with happiness, and politicians are patting each other on the back....but I cannot help but wonder what the hell is going to happen now. I just hope that complacency does not increase just cos this man is gone, there are many others only too willing to fill his shoes and those others will be far more dangerous and far more indiscriminate than Bin Laden ever was...especially in the times that we are in now with so much change and uprising happening in the Arab world. The timing of Bin Laden's death could not have been worse in many ways.....as much as it is good that he is dead and therefore unable to harm people anymore, I cannot escape the fact that by his death we have made this world a far more dangerous place.

Mixed feelings???? Timing of his death couldn't have been worse????? God please tell me you other Brits out there haven't all turned "French" either? He shouldn't have been killed because you fear a retaliation???? Remember the only thing to fear is fear itself. I hope he is burning in Hell right now. We were passing around the high fives this morning-some justice has finally been served.

Archived