Question for folks who booked RCCL on-board future cruise

mcnaughtna

For those that had booked through a TA and then booked a future cruise whilst on board - did your future booking get assigned to your TA or effectivley stay as a direct booking with RCCL?

My DW thinks she has seen some posts about this on the main boards....I might not necessarily want to use my current TA for future bookings.

Any advice appreciated :)

For those that had booked through a TA and then booked a future cruise whilst on board - did your future booking get assigned to your TA or effectivley stay as a direct booking with RCCL?

My DW thinks she has seen some posts about this on the main boards....I might not necessarily want to use my current TA for future bookings.

When you go to see the LA onboard...tell them you wish the booking to be with RCCL UK...tell them you do not want it to go to a TA.

You can decide later to transfer it to a TA if you want to.

If you booked your cruise through an agent they usually assign the new booking to the same agent. Make it very clear that you do not want this to happen and you want the booking to go to RCI UK.

There is a time limit of 48hrs to transfer bookings made directly with the UK to an agent, but I don't think that applies to bookings made on board.

Sorry to hijack the post have seen lots of posts about on - board booking for U.S booking but not sure if it is the same for U.K. ? We have not sailed with rc before but we are booked on the Navigator in June, looking at booking the Oasis for next year & from what I can gather we would pay a $50 deposit & get on board credit am I right ?

Sorry to hijack the post have seen lots of posts about on - board booking for U.S booking but not sure if it is the same for U.K. ? We have not sailed with rc before but we are booked on the Navigator in June, looking at booking the Oasis for next year & from what I can gather we would pay a $50 deposit & get on board credit am I right ?

If you are planning to book Oasis while you are on the Navigator..then first you need to register with Crown & Anchor (Royal Caribbean's Loyalty program) You can do this while onboard the Navigator..then you will be able to do the Oasis booking onboard and get the Onboard Credit for your Oasis cruise.

Hi thanks for your reply. Is it still a $50 deposit pp for U.K bookings ?

I am not 100% sure about that as I actually book with a US agent...just trying to get the answer though for you on the deposit.

When I book onboard it is $100 deposit per person.

Will get back to you asap.

So the outcome of the chat was as follows:

Deposit is £150 per-person (yes GBP and not USD)

On-board credit less than we got for this cruise currently at 150USD (for a 14 night med) as opposed to the $200 on this cruise (4 nights to Cork) when we booked thru our high street TA

Brochure price which is no big deal - wasn't expecting anything different

As far as I can tell there is no advantage in booking on board unless I am missing something. Deposit the same as with high-street TA with less OBC.

Can anyone give me an insight into why so many people on the boards use US TAs? By PM would be fine as I know naming on the board is not good ettiquete :)

Neil you can transfer your booking to a TA for more OBC..if you pick right TA ..sorry cant help you with that.

We do not have a PM option on CC.

That was a huge OBC you got for your current 4 nighter :eek:

Personally I use a US TA because I can change cabins...transfers ressies...make changes as I want without being charged an Admin Fee...which happens in UK.

Not everyone is comfortable with booking outside the UK...I know a lot of UK Cruisers though do it.

Neil / Liz

Thanks for the update and information regarding booking on board. Neil, you reminded me i.e. from your other thread I quoted $150 per person when in fact it was £150 for us and $100 per person for those from across the pond, hence one of the reasons we declined.

Liz; I also used to use an US based TA for the same reasons and never had a problem. However, as more and more of the bigger ships were heading our way and with the increased cost of airfares etc, we saw our cruising future more based on this side of the pond hence why we started to use a UK based TA.

I have never had a problem with them other than I think it is grossly unfair that UK based passengers do not get a fair deal compared to others. I know, I know,…. There are many threads already out there on this topic. Its fair to say that I am seriously thinking of going back to a US based TA to take advantage of the same deals.

Regards

Ron.

I am looking at booking an Autum 2012 fly cruise on Adventure of the Seas with a UK based online travel agent, lets call them Eskimo Hut Cruise Agency ;). I have never need to not book with an TA but Said agency are £300 cheaper than RCCL for this fly cruise (with transfers).

I am due to go on Independence in June, if I purchase a future cruise credit/certificate from the C&A rep', will the online agency accept this when I book, or can i only use it with bookings made direct with RCCL?

If I can't, I'm not too fussed, but free OBC is better in my pocket.

Thanks

As already mentioned the advantage to booking onboard is that you get the onboard credit but can later transfer to a TA and get any benefits /discounts they give in addition so double benefit.

The reason that we don't use a US based agent is that we usually book at least a year in advance and as the price would be in dollars the exchange rate could change by the time we come to pay.

Julie

Archived