IOS with 20 month old - Milk and Nappy change?

somanyquestions

Hi - first cruise with a toddler, a couple of questions:

Cruising on Independence of the Seas in August

Can we request milk in the MDR - can they warm it?

Are there nappy changing facilities on board?

Any tips would be welcome!

Thank you

I think cruise ships are not well equiped with places to change diapers. I don't know why a toddler would need warm milk? Just pour some into a sippy.

My daughter still protests at drinking cold milk from a bottle. Cold milk in a sippy is fine, but at bedtime, she wants a warmed bottle. Ideally, get your child to learn to take cold milk, but I understand wanting to keep the peace (especially on holiday!) OP, don't worry, you can get warm milk easily enough.

As far as nappy changes, learn to change her on your lap, and just use a regular stall. Always bring scented diaper disposal bags for getting rid of the diaper (these will really keep the smell at bay). Yes, changes in your room is the easiest, but isn't always possible.

We cruised when our daughter was 19/20 months, and it was pretty easy. You'll do fine!

My daughter still protests at drinking cold milk from a bottle. Cold milk in a sippy is fine, but at bedtime, she wants a warmed bottle. Ideally, get your child to learn to take cold milk, but I understand wanting to keep the peace (especially on holiday!) OP, don't worry, you can get warm milk easily enough.

As far as nappy changes, learn to change her on your lap, and just use a regular stall. Always bring scented diaper disposal bags for getting rid of the diaper (these will really keep the smell at bay). Yes, changes in your room is the easiest, but isn't always possible.

We cruised when our daughter was 19/20 months, and it was pretty easy. You'll do fine!

Thank you -yes my daughter is the same, cold milk in a sippy during the day is fine - try this at night and it's a whole other story - needs to be a bottle and warm!

Archived