Port Everglades Hotels

pdbcruisers

You will get a lot of info on the Florida Departures thread. We like to stay on 17th Street because it is a short walk to the bridge and the ships are visible from Extended Stay, Holiday Inn, Embassy Suites, Hyatt and a few other hotels. There are many stores and restaurants convenient to that location and the water taxi will take you all over the waterways of FLL (the stop is located under the bridge). Have a great cruise.

Living and working in Fort Lauderdale for 4 years I got to know the area. Around the port and a little inland you really can't go wrong with hotels (name brand, not mom and pop run). Also you get what you pay for so if $$$ isn't an option the world is your oyster.

I'm going on the May 22nd cruise and have the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel...free night stay with my points.

We always stay at Ft Lauderdale Embassy Suites on 17th. Close to the airport, close to the ship port, free evening drinks, wonderful morning breakfast to start our cruise day, transportation to the port, the lovely Coi pond that is on the property and runs from the outside stream into the lobby. Also, I like the publix grocery store behind the hotel and mini mall. Great place to pick up anything I forgot, a bottle of wine and several restaurants.

Living and working in Fort Lauderdale for 4 years I got to know the area. Around the port and a little inland you really can't go wrong with hotels (name brand, not mom and pop run). Also you get what you pay for so if $$$ isn't an option the world is your oyster.

I'm going on the May 22nd cruise and have the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel...free night stay with my points.

We are also on the May 22nd cruise and staying in the Sheraton FL Beach hotel from the 19th. All the best people do you know!

Great place to eat "Aruba Beach Grill" at the end of Commercial Blvd. Right on the beach and near a long pier. If you're looking for pretty good food and happy hour. Also great shops and other little bars in that area.

Great place to eat "Aruba Beach Grill" at the end of Commercial Blvd. Right on the beach and near a long pier. If you're looking for pretty good food and happy hour. Also great shops and other little bars in that area.

While that is certainly a nice area (like a 'traditional' seaside resort),

it should be pointed out that it is actually Lauderdale-by-the-Sea,

a few miles north of Fort Lauderdale itself, and therefore tricky to

get to without a rental car.

Going back to the original question, we have stayed 'pre cruise' in the

Fort Lauderdale area a few times, and I would agree with trying to find

a hotel which is within walking distance of the water taxi service - very convenient!

MARK

• 2 months later...
We always stay at Ft Lauderdale Embassy Suites on 17th. Close to the airport, close to the ship port, free evening drinks, wonderful morning breakfast to start our cruise day, transportation to the port, the lovely Coi pond that is on the property and runs from the outside stream into the lobby. Also, I like the publix grocery store behind the hotel and mini mall. Great place to pick up anything I forgot, a bottle of wine and several restaurants.

Do they have shuttle service from the airport. If not any recommendations? I am on the Nov 18th Emerald Princess and am arriving two days prior. Thank you for your help.

Sharon

Did the embassey suites have a free shuttle from hotel?

No, they don't have a free shuttle from the hotel to the port. The do have a shuttle to the port, but you have to pay - something like $10.00 a person.

They do have a free shuttle from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Embassy Hotel.

In addition, the Sun Trolly stops in front of the Embassy Hotel. It goes to various places in Ft. Lauderdale, including the beach area. There are several eateries around the hotel, and like others have mentioned, a small shopping center.

We will be staying there this Friday night before we embark on the Oasis on Saturday morning.

Do they have shuttle service from the airport. If not any recommendations? I am on the Nov 18th Emerald Princess and am arriving two days prior. Thank you for your help.

Sharon

If you are looking for FREE shuttles from airport to hotel and hotel to port I highly recommend Cambria Suites in Dania. Very nice hotel, less expensive than Embassy Suites. A little further from port (you won't be able to see the ship). Only downside is no free breakfast. Easily fit up to 4 adults in one suite if need be. Nice Cuban restaurant across the street. Near a mall although it is not the greatest walk to the mall. If arriving a few days early, recommend renting a car from Enterprise but not at the airport (use the free shuttle). Just pick up car the next morning at a neighborhood location.

No, they don't have a free shuttle from the hotel to the port. The do have a shuttle to the port, but you have to pay - something like $10.00 a person.

They do have a free shuttle from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Embassy Hotel.

In addition, the Sun Trolly stops in front of the Embassy Hotel. It goes to various places in Ft. Lauderdale, including the beach area. There are several eateries around the hotel, and like others have mentioned, a small shopping center.

We will be staying there this Friday night before we embark on the Oasis on Saturday morning.

Thank you for your quick reply. I don't mind paying $10 or so. Just didn't know what all the amenities were. Thank you and Bon Yoyage. When you get back let us know any tips. Thank you

Archived