Taxi Prices?

I have a question, We are flying in to the fort lauderdale and trying to get to the port of Miami for our cruise/honeymoon....Do any of you know how much we may be paying for a taxi? The cruise is in November and we will be landing in FL around 12pm. I'm just trying to get a good idea of prices for this or would it be better to get a shuttle or some type of transportation service?

I hope you are not flying in at noon the day your ship leaves. :confused:

It is a 30-40+ minute drive from FLL to POM -- if your flight arrives at noon it will be 12:30 or so by the time you collect your bags, making it after 1:00 to 1:30 before you are at POM. Most cruiselines require that you check in by 2:30 for a 4:00 PM sailing -- if your flight is delayed by an hour or more due to weather, mechanical issues, air traffic control, whatever, you are in deep trouble! :eek:

The smart cruiser ALWAYS FLIES IN AT LEAST ONE DAY EARLY. Either change your flights or buy trip insurance, or both. :o

Good luck! :)

Don't know where you are flying in from but it will be November and the weather anywhere here in the northeast could be dicey. I hope you are flying in the day before. If not, then I would grab a cab right away and pay the $70 to the port as shuttles sometimes make other stops or don't leave until full. If you are coming in the day before then try Steve at ridesas.com or Alan at acetoursinc.com. Both are reliable and reasonable.

Didn't see the suggestion for trip insurance above. If you buy insurance hoping that will be your answer, most insurance companies require that the flight be scheduled to arrive no less than 5 hours prior to scheduled departure of the ship so if your plane is scheduled to arrive at noon but departure is 4 - no can do.

Trip insurance is a good thing to have no matter what but it won't pay to get you to next port if your flights aren't scheduled properly.

Archived