Adding transfers from pier to airport onboard?

maxamuus

We are cruising from Brooklyn, NY. I had planned to take a cab from the pier to Newark Airport. Although i have read on here it can sometimes be a pain as cabbies wont go to Newark as its in a different state. Brooklyn being in NY and Newark in NJ.

So thought i would add the Princess transfers from pier to Newark airport. I called Princess and was told sorry you are in within 11 days and you can only add the transfers onboard as the lists have already been sent to the ship.

However the tone of the representatives voice made me wonder if she was just saying that and she didnt know that...

Has anyone added pier to airport transfers onboard and is it indeed not a issue? Just wondering if i can do it onboard or if i need to book a car service.

Thanks.

While I have not done the transfer from Brooklyn to Newark on Princess, I have successfully added transfers on board and believe you should not have a problem doing the same.

The manifest has probably been prepared for your sailing and therefore the Princess Rep could not add your request.

Enjoy your cruise........................

Whoever said that the cabs from Newark airport won't go to Brooklyn because it's in another state are obviously not from the New York/New Jersey area. I'm sure you'll hear many "my cousin's boyfriend's parents had a problem" stories, but I would take them with a LARGE grain of salt!

I've lived in Brooklyn, Queens and New Jersey and I know for a fact - the cabs will go anywhere you want to go. They rarely turn down a fare! They'll go into Manhattan - which is in New York, another state. They'll go into Brooklyn. They'll go to Philadelphia - Pennsylvania being another state.

I have friends who live in Brooklyn who recently flew from Newark airport, and had no problem getting a cab to take them back to Brooklyn.

It's highly unlikely that you'd have any problem finding a cab to take you to the Brooklyn pier.

We booked the transfer to JFK after we boarded and it was on our bill, but our name did not get added to the list. The man checking people onto the bus believed us and let us on, but if I did it again, I would have the final bill in hand just in case!

We have added transfers on the ship. One time was NY to JFK. As long as they have availability on a bus it should be no problem. They may even add bus(es) if the demand is there and they are available.

We've only cruised out of Fort Lauderdale so far, but on our last cruise we did book the airport transfer onboard. They sent a form to our room for disembarking options, we requested the transfer and received our tickets in advance of disembarking. It went fairly smoothly, so I imagine we'll do it again.

Archived