Things I've Learned Reading Cruise Critic

Well said! I have been taken back by some of the outright rudeness of some of the more experienced cruisers.....and in fact this had made me think twice before posting a question.

I've seen the other side, too. I'm not Platinum yet but hope to be some day. I watched a great big burly man scream at woman who had the audacity to get in the Platinum line at the Guest Services desk. I thought he was going to go beat her to a pulp. Lots of people tried to explain the other line but he was just stupid and rude.

I'm sorry I don't believe you....show me a picture of these posters and maybe I'll believe you. ;)

bwahahahahaha! Those threads kill me. I mean, really? you're demanding proof? how about just accepting their word for it or moving on if you don't!

I have several questions i want to ask about Carnival (since it's been 14 years since i last sailed on the line) but i don't dare ask.

1. People always tell the truth.

2. People never doubt what one says.

3. People always respect the other individual's opinion.

4. One never doubts the written word.

5. If it is written on the Internet it has to be the truth.

Reckon the list could go on if I wanted to keep adding things. But you get the idea.:D

bwahahahahaha! Those threads kill me. I mean, really? you're demanding proof? how about just accepting their word for it or moving on if you don't!

I have several questions i want to ask about Carnival (since it's been 14 years since i last sailed on the line) but i don't dare ask.

Oh come on, ask the questions. There's an outside chance you'll get some good answers. Just don't make them Platinum questions. :D

I wanted to say that this is a very enjoyable post to read. I have often wondered if the meanness on this board ever transfers into real life.....probably not:rolleyes:

That and to lament i will never be platinum as i am not loyal to any line....we suck we know.....it all come down to date and itinerary for us....somehow we do manage to sleep at night, but just barely;)

I am one of the unwashed masses and I approve this thread. I myself was in a platinum/non-platinum scuffle last week.

Summary

Carnival: Here is a new policy or procedure.

Non-Platinum cruiser: OK.

Platinum cruiser: This should/does not apply to us.

This made me laugh

OP I totaly agree! Making a decision on what cruise line or itinerary to spend your hard earned money on is a really important decision! I do not mind someones opinion at all but when you get slammed that is another story! I personaly do not list the number of cruises I have been on,nor my status or care how many posts anyone has or their status. That doesn't make anyone an expert on answering the question or giving an opinion. We have been on RCL, Carnival and HAL. I prefer RCL hands down but my budjet prefers Carnival. So please do not slam me for that!!!!

It also amazes me who many questions get veiwed without an answer! Come on hundreds of views and NO ONE can answer???

And A BIG thanks to all who have answered my questions!

OP best of luck to you on your wedding plans!!!

I'm sorry I don't believe you....show me a picture of these posters and maybe I'll believe you. ;)

Oh and Catrin...we are also sailing on the Carnival Dream in Aug (same itinerary). Which week are you going? We are doing the 8/20 cruise. Can't wait

I'm on the 8/20 Carnival Dream cruise as well :)

I'm on the 8/20 Carnival Dream cruise as well :)

Very cool. I am very excited. This will be our first cruise that is longer than four nights and will be just be DH and myself....no kids. Doesn't get much better than that :D

Well you already ask the most important question. "Where to hide the rum runners":D:p

Next question........fire away!

Well said! I have been taken back by some of the outright rudeness of some of the more experienced cruisers.....and in fact this had made me think twice before posting a question.

Yes, I agree. I have almost talked myself out of the cruise altogether. I am the kind of person who doesn't like to make waves ( or find myself in one) and I'm afraid all the " less than Polite" people will be on my cruise.

Well you already ask the most important question. "Where to hide the rum runners":D:p

Next question........fire away!

lolol. I just made a new Thread asking the questions. I really hope a certain greasy crustacian doesn't disrupt the thread. Then again, i'm not asking about rum runners....AKA Boobie Bags.

Yes, I agree. I have almost talked myself out of the cruise altogether. I am the kind of person who doesn't like to make waves ( or find myself in one) and I'm afraid all the " less than Polite" people will be on my cruise.

Once you're on the cruise, all the worry goes away. There are less than polite people even at the grocery store...so don't let them talk you out of a wonderful relaxing experience. If all else fails, just laugh at them and walk away.

OP- My husband and I have recently sailed both RCCL and CCL. We have noticed many differences between the lines- please feel free to ask questions. We'd happily answer with our opinions.

Archived