Mariner of the Seas 2012 itineraries

We're booked on the Coz/Roatan itinerary in Feb., and the difference in price is crazy. My crackpot theory is that A.) everyone has been to GC and there just isn't as much to do there and B.) I haven't heard of many (or any) people wanting to go to Falmouth so far. I can't think of any other reason, but every other week is waaayy higher than the alternating week and itinerary!

Why do the balcony cabins cost so much more on the Belize/Roatan route vs Jamaica/Cayman Islands on this ship? I want to cruise in Feb 2012 to Belize but it's really pricey.:confused:

The demand is greater to go to Belize and Roatan than to Grand Cayman and Jamaica. We booked the Mariner for Feb and are also going on the Belize and Rotan as we will be in Jamaica in November and have not heard many good things about it there.

The demand is greater to go to Belize and Roatan than to Grand Cayman and Jamaica. We booked the Mariner for Feb and are also going on the Belize and Rotan as we will be in Jamaica in November and have not heard many good things about it there.

Likely is the most accurate overall situation. I don't believe CCL does this exact route so that helps RCCL as well.

I do agree that Falmouth is probably a hinderance for some to go on the Cayman route...but I can stay on the ship in J and enjoy Cayman which is why I'd go on the Cayman route...just for the one stop.

I booked a sailing aboard the Mariner for February 2012. I found that deck nine balconies were tough to come by, and that was 6 weeks ago. So charge what the market will bear I guess.

We were in Falmouth last week and were pleasantly suprised:) Although it is far from complete and we feel will take several more months it is nice, very different to the old mainstay ports. We took the free shuttle to Rose Hall Shops, which even though a little pricey it's a nice ride and the area is well laid out.

We were not hassled at all and they make it very clear "you will not be hassled", it was very different as we were able to walk around and make our own choice whether to buy or not.

We did not go into town, although a lot of people did.

My family and I too were hoping to sail that itinerary in Jan/Feb 2012 but we let the intro prices get too high so we "settled" for the other itinerary. After watching the prices skyrocket, it seems that it is going to be a free for all when the new dates come out for next season as many will probably book these quickly. I think balconies started at $799pp but most have jumped over $1000pp.

We've already been on the itinerary for gc/jamaica but parents and in-laws are coming with us this time so at least some will be new to it.

I think it's just becoming the itinerary of choice like most here said. Next year we will be ready to pounce on the intro prices!

The dates for the Mariner for Belize/Roatan are available out to 2013 and the prices are really great right now. Like the Feb 2012 that we are booked on, this itinerary will go up in price compared to the one with Falmouth. We are already booked for Feb 2013.

So if I waiting for a price drop Mariner 18 November 2012 for 7 nights from Galveston I am dreaming?

I would recommend booking it now and before final payment if the price drops then they will honor that price. Isn't that Thanksgiving week? The price will be higher due to the holiday.

Archived