Key West till 2pm During FANTASY FEST

Chef P

There won't be much going on related to FF during the day on Thursday since most events are during the evening.

If this is your first visit I would just walk around the old town area and absorb as much of the local color as possible during your short visit. There are many restaurants, bars, shops and sights within a couple of blocks of Duval St.

Mike:)

• 3 weeks later...

We are considering booking this same cruise.. The ship is actually in Key West on Friday, 10/28/11. I went to the Fantasy Fest Website and it says that "Street Fair" is that day beginning at noon. We will have kids with us on this trip so my question is can we bring them to "Street Fair" or is this something we should avoid??? Also do you think the beach at Fort Zachary Taylor would be ok during Fantasy Fest? We went to that beach last year and loved it so thought maybe we could bring the kids there for the day...Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

We are considering booking this same cruise.. The ship is actually in Key West on Friday, 10/28/11. I went to the Fantasy Fest Website and it says that "Street Fair" is that day beginning at noon. We will have kids with us on this trip so my question is can we bring them to "Street Fair" or is this something we should avoid??? Also do you think the beach at Fort Zachary Taylor would be ok during Fantasy Fest? We went to that beach last year and loved it so thought maybe we could bring the kids there for the day...Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The street fair on Friday will be relatively tame. However, do expect to see some things here and there inappropriate for the kids. Randomly, there will be some people walking around in body paint and very, very skimpy "clothing." Expect some toplessness. Even with the pasties, it may be a little much for the kids.

The beach should be fine.

Since the street fair begins at noon and you sail at 2 there won't be much exposure to the street festivities at all and like Aquahound said the beach should be fine and deserted.

Mike:)

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think it is outrageous that a family cruise would be scheduled to come to town this weekend. While most activities do take place at night, there are always some tourists who feel the need to walk around mostly nude or in crude costumes all day. I guess everyone is different, but I would not take my kids to Fantasy Fest any time. You might consider an excursion or something that allows you to avoid Duval Street.

Archived