JH says Liberty in for big drydock change!

pe4all

I guess the reason that they teased us soooooo early is because John Heald announced he was going to be on board for a week. That way Carnival could bump sales on the 1st post dry dock cruise that typically have minor issues to be overcome and should be avoided.

Personally I booked the Liberty for January without even knowing about the dry dock. I am glad that the ship will have the upgrades but wonder why it is necessary to keep the upgrades "secret" for as long as they are.

Personally I booked the Liberty for January without even knowing about the dry dock. I am glad that the ship will have the upgrades but wonder why it is necessary to keep the upgrades "secret" for as long as they are.

Same here - booked last weekend for next June! I'm just very curious now!

I'm curious about the fascination with flat screen TVs. What's to gain unless CCL pipes actual HD content which I don't think they do.

I just see so many comments about wanting flat screen TVs.

I'm curious about the fascination with flat screen TVs. What's to gain unless CCL pipes actual HD content which I don't think they do.

I think I have gotten used to flat screens...both on computer and on tv???

it looks...."funny" to me....and sort of annoying....I see the "glare" on the screen too

The tv changer on Valor was not working very well....got new batteries but still very sluggish. Glory had nice new tvs with good tv changer that worked (and no I don't even watch much tv, but I do check the menu, sign and sail, and like to watch the "cruise director" shows/ games etc)

More speculation - still think Red Frog will be going in (I don't drink too much- especially don't drink beer - so for me it will be a visit to try the wings!) still think they will do the cosmetic stuff (paint, carpets, new tv's) but I also think they will take the cigar lounge and make it into a fun hub station. The current computer area is sooo small!

My husband said the ship will be a lot lighter without all the old tv's! :p

My husband said the ship will be a lot lighter without all the old tv's! :p

It all depends on whether you were to weigh the ship at the beginning or end of a particular cruise. I know I weigh a LOT more at the end of the cruise!!!!

I honestly think it's because if something happens and a "promised" upgrade were not to happen as they had announced, people would be upset and demanding a refund/money back. Better to keep it secret and everyone happy.

Interesting point about the weight and the TV's...I'm sure its a lot lighter without them. As for the PAX weight...well, the food weighs the same regardless of whether it's in the refrigerators or in the belly ;) .

(Unless the ship "Dumps" the "Dumps" at sea, I think the weight would stay fairly constant throughout the cruise)

I think that the longer they keep it a "secret" the more of a let down it will be. There is such a thing as too much anticipation.

A cigar bar or a beer bar would not be "amazing" for me. Flat screens would be nice, but again, not "amazing". I am sure others might find those upgrades "amazing" but not so much for me.

The longer they keep it a secret, the higher expectations will become.

Me too - not a beer drinker so a new pub would not be that exciting for me - I know they are getting the new Serenity area and I am looking forward to that - don't care what kind of TV I have.....so wondering if there is anything else in the works?

I love beer :D , so a pub would be great for me! But I would really love to see the ropes course added, and think that would qualify as "amazing." The fact that they are putting John Heald on the ship speaks for big changes, and not just serenity deck and flat screen TVs, in my opinion.

Since they have not announced what they will do any commentsd here would be sheer speculation.

I heard that they are going to 100% cabins with an ocean view, even the insides,

It will be virtual for the insides, some will look like a balcony, others just a window or port hole. but it will be a live stream from that side of the ship, and position of the ship. If the systems work, it will have sound also.

I can't say were I heard this, he might be related to me and an engineer working on the project.

I heard that they are going to 100% cabins with an ocean view, even the insides,

It will be virtual for the insides, some will look like a balcony, others just a window or port hole. but it will be a live stream from that side of the ship, and position of the ship. If the systems work, it will have sound also.

I can't say were I heard this, he might be related to me and an engineer working on the project.

Now THAT would be amazing!

Just as Disney has on their new ship. Wouldn't have me running to get an inside - would still get my balcony. I can't imagine them putting that in during a 2 week drydock. But a ropes course would be right up there on my "gotta do that on a cruise ship" list!

that sounds like it would be great...but who knows I agree that sounds like alot of work for 2 weeks...My kids are hoping they change out the water slides to the new ones the waterworks that is on the Magic...we will see...

that sounds like it would be great...but who knows I agree that sounds like alot of work for 2 weeks...My kids are hoping they change out the water slides to the new ones the waterworks that is on the Magic...we will see...

The water slide on the Dream was great, I have a link in my signature to a short video I took going down.

Archived