Amsterdam to Rotterdam Cruise Port

This is probably someplace here but couldn't find it in first several places. Will be arriving Amsterday Friday 27 May and after scouring many hotel sites, have opted to stay by Amsterdam airport which seems to be relatively less expensive for me then shlepping into town and then taking the train from the airport into Amsterday for whatever on Friday evening and Saturday, the one day I really have in Amsterday. I did that train ride a few years ago when a tour I was on stayed by the airport and it doesn't seem to be any big deal and only a couple of euro. Okay having resolved that, Sunday morning my cruise leaves from Rotterdam; again it seems it's a piece of cake with the train from the airport train station to Rotterdam Central station....the question is getting from Rotterdam central station to the Rotterdam cruise terminal....there are all sorts of suggestions that it's no big deal on the Rotterdam metro but I would probably wish to take a taxi from Rotterdeam Central station to the Rotterdam cruise terminal.

Anybody with any suggestions of how difficult it is to get a cab at Rotterdam Central station to the cruise terminal and its approximate cost. Also at the end of the cruise I am booked on a Thalys train to Paris Nord so I suppose my best bet is a taxi from the cruise terminal to Rotterdam central. But of course, if the cost is prohibitive, I would be amenable to the Rotterdam Metro.

Any suggestions.

Thank you....

Cabs are very expensive in The Netherlands. My best quess is that the ride from CS to the cruise-terminal will cost you around E. 15.- or a bit more.

Depending how much luggage you have you can either take the metro or even a tram. Both stop at the southside of the white erasmusbrug -which is a few minutes walk from the terminal.

As Saturday is a day that many people go shopping in city-centre it is not convenient with much luggage.

Maybe on the way back your cruise-line has a shuttle, check on board.

Archived