Zip line & Catamaran in St.Lucia or St.Kitts, or St.Maarten

Suga1234

Hello,

I will be on Carnival Miracle Nov.2 through Nov. 10. I want to do a zipline excursion, but can't decide which port to do this? From what I've reserched it looks like St. Lucia has the best one. My only concern is I also really want to visit the Pitons in St. Lucia. I know I can't do both, because we will only be there 9am-5pm. I thought a catamaran ride going to Pitons would be fun. Does anybody know if the zipline is close to the Pitons, if maybe I can also see that on the way, or afterwards? Please help me. I can't decide which to choose. I also want to make sure I visit the port w/the most beautiful beach. Of the three ports which would be best to take a catamaran ride? The zipline in St. Kitts does not look like there's much to it. I did a zipline in Montego Bay, Jamacia in 2008 & it was a blast!! Thanks for everybody help, I really appreciate your imput!!!

St. Martin...best beach, hands down. Orient on the French side. The zip in St. Lucia is on the opposite side of the island, Dennery, so it is roughly a 45 min-1 hr drive. The tour we did with Serenity (highly recommend) was about 4 hours. Check out their site.

I would definitely check into the Morne Coubaril ziplines in St. Lucia. they are down near the Pitons in the Soufriere area and the views are great. Not quite as many lines as the one on the other side of the island, which is where one of the cruise ship official tours goes, but much better views and you get to see the Pitons, etc. also.

Any cab driver can take you down to Morne Coubaril.

• 3 months later...

I am noooooo expert. And we are stopping in the same places this December. This is what I decided: I really want to see (do a tour) in St. Lucia and and in St. Martin. I have heard therere so many amazing places to see and shop for in these two places. St. Kitts is the place I am least interested in seeing. So I booked the zipline in St. Kitts.

Hi there,

I would disagree with reedprincess. It seems to me zip line is not at the top of your least of things to do, this is why you are doing it in St.Kitts. St.Lucia has one of the best zip lines and you can choose from Rainforest Sky rides or Treetop Adventure. If you really want I would suggest you book a tour which gives you that option of seeing the island. Morne Coubaril although it has the view the zip line is lacking, why waste money if you are not going to enjoy it. Best to just spend it seeing the island instead.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

I will be on Carnival Miracle Nov.2 through Nov. 10. I want to do a zipline excursion, but can't decide which port to do this? From what I've reserched it looks like St. Lucia has the best one. My only concern is I also really want to visit the Pitons in St. Lucia. I know I can't do both, because we will only be there 9am-5pm. I thought a catamaran ride going to Pitons would be fun. Does anybody know if the zipline is close to the Pitons, if maybe I can also see that on the way, or afterwards? Please help me. I can't decide which to choose. I also want to make sure I visit the port w/the most beautiful beach. Of the three ports which would be best to take a catamaran ride? The zipline in St. Kitts does not look like there's much to it. I did a zipline in Montego Bay, Jamacia in 2008 & it was a blast!! Thanks for everybody help, I really appreciate your imput!!!

Suga1234,

My husband and I will also be on the Miracle Nov. 2 - 10th. I'm interested in a catamaran or some kind of boat trip in St. Lucia. We were there a couple of years ago and did a tour with Cosol which was great but this time I'd like to be out on the water for a few hours and maybe a little swimming. The only tour I have found that might fit the bill is the Spencer Ambrose Jalousie Beach Break. while Jalousie was a nice beach I'd still rather spend more time out on the water. I'm curious if you have found anything. Thanks!

Suga1234,

My husband and I will also be on the Miracle Nov. 2 - 10th. I'm interested in a catamaran or some kind of boat trip in St. Lucia. We were there a couple of years ago and did a tour with Cosol which was great but this time I'd like to be out on the water for a few hours and maybe a little swimming. The only tour I have found that might fit the bill is the Spencer Ambrose Jalousie Beach Break. while Jalousie was a nice beach I'd still rather spend more time out on the water. I'm curious if you have found anything. Thanks!

Sherman Hello,

We decided that we're going to zipline in St. Lucia. We're doing them at Morne Coubaril Estate. Suppose to see Pitons while ziplining. I checked into ziplines in St. Kitts & does not look as good to me. Really want to do catamaran in St. maarten, but if not there then I guess it will be St. Kitts. Are you on our "roll call"? If not, you should sign up. I'm so excited & ready for the cruise!!

Suga1234,

Thanks for the reply. I considered zipline but DH not interested. I'm considering the Carnival catamaran excursion to Nevis at St. Kitts and the Spencer Ambrose Beach Break. We just booked on Friday so still thinking.

I checked out the roll call, there are a lot of people signed up, just haven't added our names yet. Still lots to do to prepare but I'm also very much looking forward to the cruise. We have cruised Princess the last few years, has been about 6 years since we have been on Carnival but I'm ready for a little "fun ship".

Hope to meet you on the Miracle - take care.

Suga1234,

Thanks for the reply. I considered zipline but DH not interested. I'm considering the Carnival catamaran excursion to Nevis at St. Kitts and the Spencer Ambrose Beach Break. We just booked on Friday so still thinking.

I checked out the roll call, there are a lot of people signed up, just haven't added our names yet. Still lots to do to prepare but I'm also very much looking forward to the cruise. We have cruised Princess the last few years, has been about 6 years since we have been on Carnival but I'm ready for a little "fun ship".

Hope to meet you on the Miracle - take care.

You're welcome. We have never snorkled. From what I've read (still researching)LOL, but sounds like St. Maarten is better for snorkeling than St. Kitts. We have also never done the catamaran which sounds like ALOT of fun. At first I thought we'll do catamaran in St. Kitts & St. maarten just hang out on some beach/beaches, but of course.....I have changed my mind. LOL. Decisions, decisions.. What are you doing in St. Maarten? This will be our 1st cabin w/a balcony. So excited about this!! You will have to sign your names b4 the cruise on the roll call. We're suppose to have a meet & greet, which sounds like alot of fun!! i know they have a slot tournment. Hope to meet you also.

Hi there,

I would disagree with reedprincess. It seems to me zip line is not at the top of your least of things to do, this is why you are doing it in St.Kitts. St.Lucia has one of the best zip lines and you can choose from Rainforest Sky rides or Treetop Adventure. If you really want I would suggest you book a tour which gives you that option of seeing the island. Morne Coubaril although it has the view the zip line is lacking, why waste money if you are not going to enjoy it. Best to just spend it seeing the island instead.

I understand you disagree, however Morne Coubaril has a great Zipline set up and the most amazing views of all three zip line places on the island. See stluciaziplining dot com for info on the estate and views from the different lines. While not the longest lines on the island, they are by far the most scenic - and being near the Pitons, you get the best of both. After the ziplining, you can grab lunch in Soufriere, swim on one of the beaches and then head back north to the ship.

I understand you disagree, however Morne Coubaril has a great Zipline set up and the most amazing views of all three zip line places on the island. See stluciaziplining dot com for info on the estate and views from the different lines. While not the longest lines on the island, they are by far the most scenic - and being near the Pitons, you get the best of both. After the ziplining, you can grab lunch in Soufriere, swim on one of the beaches and then head back north to the ship.

Thank you for your input. I'm excited to tour MC & see beautiful St. Lucia. :) I did check into booking zipline closer to ship then take taxi close to Pitons; but the cost for that was outrageous!! I think like total of maybe $400 for me & hubby, which is crazy to me!! So, this is why we're doing the MC tour insted of ziplines closer to ship. And we can spend the money saved on another excursion on different island, they sure are not cheap!LOL

You're welcome. We have never snorkled. From what I've read (still researching)LOL, but sounds like St. Maarten is better for snorkeling than St. Kitts. We have also never done the catamaran which sounds like ALOT of fun. At first I thought we'll do catamaran in St. Kitts & St. maarten just hang out on some beach/beaches, but of course.....I have changed my mind. LOL. Decisions, decisions.. What are you doing in St. Maarten? This will be our 1st cabin w/a balcony. So excited about this!! You will have to sign your names b4 the cruise on the roll call. We're suppose to have a meet & greet, which sounds like alot of fun!! i know they have a slot tournment. Hope to meet you also.

Suga1234,

We are going to Orient Beach at St. Maarten. We have been there once before and had a great day at the beach. It was a nice beach and beautiful water, the reason I love cruising the Caribbean!

We decided on the Beach Break with Spencer Ambrose. He has been very efficient replying to my emails. I know there have been some negative reviews but last time we went to St. Lucia we did a land tour and visited Jalousie Beach. I had no problem with the lack of chairs (which seemed to be one of the issues with the negative reviews), we just sat on towels and spent time in the water. It is a beautiful place.

Ziplining where you can see the Pitons will be amazing. I'm sure you will love it. I'm still considering the catamaran in St. Kitts.

Going to the roll call now to get our names on the list! See you soon!

Suga1234,

We are going to Orient Beach at St. Maarten. We have been there once before and had a great day at the beach. It was a nice beach and beautiful water, the reason I love cruising the Caribbean!

We decided on the Beach Break with Spencer Ambrose. He has been very efficient replying to my emails. I know there have been some negative reviews but last time we went to St. Lucia we did a land tour and visited Jalousie Beach. I had no problem with the lack of chairs (which seemed to be one of the issues with the negative reviews), we just sat on towels and spent time in the water. It is a beautiful place.

Ziplining where you can see the Pitons will be amazing. I'm sure you will love it. I'm still considering the catamaran in St. Kitts.

Going to the roll call now to get our names on the list! See you soon!

Hello, I just saw you on our roll call. :) All this sure sounds like fun. If we don't do catamaran in St. Maarten then we will prolly do it in St. Kitts. Have fun!!

Archived