I Booked POA for my family's first cruise!!!!!

I finally got over my first time jitters and my commitment issues, and actually booked the Pride of America for my family's first cruise! I am now so excited that I can hardly stand it!!!!!!:)

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to my recent threads, and helped me finally make my decision. I actually booked it on Friday, so was able to use the Kids Sail Free promotion, which saved us $1400! That offer was just too good to pass up!:)

We don't sail until December, so I have lots of time to hang out here and continue to learn. I'm heading off to the Roll Call Forum now. YAY!!!!!

First cruise and you picked a DOOZIE! I'm now jealous, want to do a cruise around HI and get all hanging loose.

The time will fly, its only about 6 months away and you'll have great weather there. Do a day or two pre-cruise just to get all warmed up and thawed out from your late northern autumn. :D

Have a wonderful time, geez I'm so jealous! :p

First cruise and you picked a DOOZIE! I'm now jealous, want to do a cruise around HI and get all hanging loose.

The time will fly, its only about 6 months away and you'll have great weather there. Do a day or two pre-cruise just to get all warmed up and thawed out from your late northern autumn. :D

Have a wonderful time, geez I'm so jealous! :p

Thank you so much! You have been a source of much valuable advice...I appreciate it!

We do plan a couple of days in Honolulu first, and then will probably do a week on the Big Island afterwards to just relax. We spent 3 weeks there this past February, and absolutely loved it!

My daughter keeps telling me that I've got to get a ticker going, so I'm off to try to figure that out!:)

Yay!!! I now have a countdown clock!!! It's really happening!!!:D

Congratulations! I'm jealous too. We were booked for August but had to cancel.:( Hopefully time will fly for you.

Congratulations! I'm jealous too. We were booked for August but had to cancel.:( Hopefully time will fly for you.

I'm so sorry that you had to cancel. It looks like you have lots of other excitement in your future to plan for.:)

I think that the anticipation and planning for a holiday is half the fun, so I'm really looking forward to the next 6 1/2 months!:D

Congratulations! I know your family will have the time of their lives. I thought crusing on the POA was the most wonderful way to see so much of Hawaii. ENJOY planning. There's alot to do! :D

We just got back from the 4/30 sailing on POA, and loved every minute of it. We golfed most of the days, but did get to do a few things that your family might enjoy. First, you must have dinner at Duke's Canoe Club on Kauai and be sure to save room for the hula pie for dessert (it's easily shared between 2 or maybe 3). Second, you must see Kauai from the air -- either by helicopter or plane. We did the AirVentures combo tour which is a 50 min. plane ride and then a 90 min. cruise up the Wailua River to the fern grotto. This was a good way to spend the short Day 2 in Kauai.

I hope you have as much fun on your cruise as we did. It really is a blast.

Albertamom, Congrats on making your decision! We are also planning to do the POA in 2012 possibly Jan - April. Trying to put together this vacation for our 30th anniversary. Just started looking at prices and accomm this week. We'll also do the cruise first and spend a week on one of the islands - hopefully in a beach villa. Decisions, decisions - so much to review - I'm afraid I'll make the wrong decision and the trip will be a bust! :( I'll keep reading CC for advice!!

Archived