When Would I Be Getting to Ship's Terminal?

abisha

Our flight arrives in Miami at 12:30 PM...on a Monday. Does anyone have a rough idea how long it may take to get to ship's terminal. I'm hoping we get there by 2:30. We'll have checked luggage to retrieve and we will be taking their bus. I read somewhere on Carnival's site that flights should be arranged for no later than 2:30 arrival time in Miami, so we should be ok, but I just hope Monday's traffic won't be horrible.

Will the ship's terminal be busy at that time or will the majority of the crowds already be checked in and on board by then? Thanks.

I dont know where you read that... maybe the latest they will allow you to check in at the terminal.

Sounds like you are flying in the day of a cruise ... always very risky. I had a chance to arrive at 9 am and said nope, not risking my cruise.

Hopefully you booked insurance.

You need to check in before the last allowed check in 60 minutes before your cruise leaves. If it leaves at 4 pm .. the doors lock at 3 pm for check in.... having carnival transport doesnt guarantee you make the ship. (people whose flight was delayed missed their ship, even though they booked the shuttle to the port with Carnival).

Luckily the airport isnt that far, less than 30 minutes away, so if your plane is on time, you will be fine .. just miss lunch.

Good luck.

I dont know where you read that... maybe the latest they will allow you to check in at the terminal.

Sounds like you are flying in the day of a cruise ... always very risky. I had a chance to arrive at 9 am and said nope, not risking my cruise.

Hopefully you booked insurance.

You need to check in before the last allowed check in 60 minutes before your cruise leaves. If it leaves at 4 pm .. the doors lock at 3 pm for check in.... having carnival transport doesnt guarantee you make the ship. (people whose flight was delayed missed their ship, even though they booked the shuttle to the port with Carnival).

Luckily the airport isnt that far, less than 30 minutes away, so if your plane is on time, you will be fine .. just miss lunch.

Good luck.

I read it on Carnival's website under purchasing transfers in Port of Miami. Here's what they say:

What are the Flight Guidelines for the Latest Airport Arrivals and Earliest Return Flights:

Latest Flight Arrival:

Arrivals into the Miami International Airport: 2:30pm

Arrivals into the Ft. Lauderdale Airport: 2:00pm

Earliest Flight Departures:

Earliest departures out of the Miami International Airport: 11:30am

Earliest departures out of the Ft. Lauderdale Airport: 12:00pm

I was just curious how long it would take me to get to terminal if my flight arrives on time at 12:30.

MIA isn't far from the port. You shouldn't have any problem getting to the ship by 1:30-2pm. Unfortunately, you'll arrive with the masses (at least in my experience). So there might be quite a line to check in.

Now...let's hope you have a direct flight with no problems!

Good luck!!

I read it on Carnival's website under purchasing transfers in Port of Miami. Here's what they say:

What are the Flight Guidelines for the Latest Airport Arrivals and Earliest Return Flights:

Latest Flight Arrival:

Arrivals into the Miami International Airport: 2:30pm

Arrivals into the Ft. Lauderdale Airport: 2:00pm

Earliest Flight Departures:

Earliest departures out of the Miami International Airport: 11:30am

Earliest departures out of the Ft. Lauderdale Airport: 12:00pm

I was just curious how long it would take me to get to terminal if my flight arrives on time at 12:30.

Right, they are saying that is the latest you can arrive and catch their shuttle.

2 hours to me isnt much leeway.

Taxi takes about 25 minutes from Miami airport.

Most people take the SAS shuttle that come in the day before, but you dont have time for that if you are arriving that late, as it charges by the person and will have other people to drop off at hotels along the way.

I agree, either a taxi or Carnival's shuttle. .. Id do a taxi myself. Its about $24 from the airport and will probably save you some time getting to the port. I wouldnt want to have to look around for the Carnival shuttle.

I would jump in a taxi.

I agree, either a taxi or Carnival's shuttle. .. Id do a taxi myself. Its about $24 from the airport and will probably save you some time getting to the port. I wouldnt want to have to look around for the Carnival shuttle.

I would jump in a taxi.

Is it $24 per person in the taxi? We are a family of four. Or just $24 for the four of us? Will I have difficulty getting a taxi once we are there? Are there plenty of them waiting around? I'm now considering it. I did arrange for the Carnival shuttle. Can I cancel it out through my TA? I haven't paid for it yet. I want to do the best thing timewise.

I'd take the taxi; $24 for the whole cab - and you can get a mini-van taxi for the same price. Just go to the dispatcher outside the terminal. If you do that, you'll be at the port by 2. I landed at 10:00 AM on a Sunday, and was at the terminal by 10:45 - and I checked luggage.

Don't take a Carnival bus- they wait till they're full, which could take some time.

Taking the taxi sounds like a more cost effective option for sure..and quicker. I have the Carnival Shuttle only noted on my reservation by my TA, but have not paid in full yet. Would there be any problem cancelling or removing it from my reservation?

Also..I have booked the Carnival Shuttle for our return. We are actually flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. So, I was wondering what our best option in this case would be. Taxi? Carnival's Shuttle? Or Private Shuttle Service?

Thanks.

Also..I have booked the Carnival Shuttle for our return. We are actually flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. So, I was wondering what our best option in this case would be. Taxi? Carnival's Shuttle? Or Private Shuttle Service?

Thanks.

We fly out of FLL when sailing out of POM.

We've always used www.ridesas.com and have no complaints about the service.

I flew to Miami last fall (RCL, sorry) but I learned a lot FAST :D Coming back was the only real hitch, and I was home. I parked at a hotel with a airport shuttle and told them where to pick me up correctly, but the person I told thought I didnt know and gave the shuttle driver the terminal American usually comes into. It was 45 minutes to an hour of dozens of calls before they picked me up.

I also did the cruiseline shuttle back to the airport in Miami. Good news I got off the ship VIP, bad news, the bus was a huge greyhound sized bus and they give it an hour to sit before it takes off unless it fills up, then it doesnt wait the whole hour, and I just missed a earlier shuttle I guess. 2nd shuttle never filled, so we sat an hour waiting, but for just me as a single, it was cheaper than the taxi. If there are two of you, taxi is probably cheaper.

I took the bus from the airport to Intercontinental at Bayside and even changed busses once for only $2, I didnt need a taxi, but I travel light with just one suitcase.

We fly out of FLL when sailing out of POM.

We've always used www.ridesas.com and have no complaints about the service.

Wow..thanks for the tip! If I took SAS from Port of Miami to FLL airport, I would be saving a ton of money. Carnival is charging $30 pp (includes gratuity)..SAS is running a summer special of $11 pp!!! I assume that does not include tip (I didn't find it on their website, but correct me if I'm wrong), but still an awesome deal.

So.. what is an appropriate tip for the $24 taxi to the port of Miami (for the four of us)? ..and what is appropriate tip for the four of us using SAS transportation from Port of Miami to FLL Airport?

All in all ditching Carnival's shuttle saves $$$...gotta love it!

Right, they are saying that is the latest you can arrive and catch their shuttle.

2 hours to me isnt much leeway.

Taxi takes about 25 minutes from Miami airport.

Most people take the SAS shuttle that come in the day before, but you dont have time for that if you are arriving that late, as it charges by the person and will have other people to drop off at hotels along the way.

I would jump in a taxi.

SAS DOES NOT PICK UP IN MIAMI! Just wanted to make sure the OP saw that. They are registered at FLL, and can only transport to and from FLL. So if you don't want to spend money on the Carnival Transport, a taxi would be the best bet...BUT BE WARNED, I HAVE SEEN A FEW PEOPLE ON CC STATE THAT IT'S $24 FOR 1-5 PERSONS, PLUS AN EXTRA CHARGE FOR EACH BAG. You might want to do more research before you decide to cancel your carnival shuttle.

SAS has picked me up at POM and taken me to FLL.

First, just to clarify... I'm flying in to Miami but flying home out of Ft. Lauderdale.

For my arrival to Miami Airport.. can someone confirm about the taxi costing $24 ..is it for party of 4 or party of 5? Do they charge extra for baggage? Will it take awhile just to wait around for an available cab?

I also found online Florida Sunshine Shuttle. It is $70 for party of 4 (private van) and includes tips...for Miami Airport to Port of Miami. They are only a few dollars more than Carnival's shuttle, but the benefit is that there's no waiting around like you would for the Carnival shuttle. Has anyone used this company...or any other company that offers private pickup for your family (not a shared car or van)?

With regard to my return flight out of Ft. Lauderdale: First, note that SAS says on their website that they cannot transport Miami Airport to Port of Miami (no Miami to Miami as they put it) as they are restricted on their permitting. They CAN, however, transport Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale Airport (and vice versa), which is what I'm leaning to do, and their price is $11 pp (running a summer special). I just didn't see if it included a tip..but would still be cheaper than Carnival's shuttle. It also states it is a "shared" ride, not private for your party, which is fine. I'd like to hear from others who have used SAS and how they felt about it.

Thanks

First, just to clarify... I'm flying in to Miami but flying home out of Ft. Lauderdale.

For my arrival to Miami Airport.. can someone confirm about the taxi costing $24 ..is it for party of 4 or party of 5? Do they charge extra for baggage? Will it take awhile just to wait around for an available cab? Yes, $24 for the cab...not pp. It doesn't matter if your party is 4 or 5. I've never been charged for baggage. You should not have to wait for a cab. They will be plentiful.

I also found online Florida Sunshine Shuttle. It is $70 for party of 4 (private van) and includes tips...for Miami Airport to Port of Miami. They are only a few dollars more than Carnival's shuttle, but the benefit is that there's no waiting around like you would for the Carnival shuttle. Has anyone used this company...or any other company that offers private pickup for your family (not a shared car or van)? I have not used this company.

With regard to my return flight out of Ft. Lauderdale: First, note that SAS says on their website that they cannot transport Miami Airport to Port of Miami (no Miami to Miami as they put it) as they are restricted on their permitting. They CAN, however, transport Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale Airport (and vice versa), which is what I'm leaning to do, and their price is $11 pp (running a summer special). I just didn't see if it included a tip..but would still be cheaper than Carnival's shuttle. It also states it is a "shared" ride, not private for your party, which is fine. I'd like to hear from others who have used SAS and how they felt about it.

Thanks

I've used SAS several times. And plan to use them in the future.

The price does not include a tip. I think you asked earlier about how much to tip. I dislike talking about how much I tip on the boards...people will either blast you for tipping too much or too little. It's really a personal thing. I think if you go with 15-20%, you'll be fine. Tip what you feel is a good tip.

You'll be instructed to call SAS after you get your luggage and go through customs. The driver will be there in like 2 minutes if he's not already there.

I went ahead and cancelled my Carnival round trip transfers without a problem. I've decided to take a taxi to the port for my arrival, and I've called SAS and made arrangements with them for my return. The savings will be about $90, which will come in handy towards my Cabana on HMC!!:)

Our flight arrives in Miami at 12:30 PM...on a Monday. Does anyone have a rough idea how long it may take to get to ship's terminal. I'm hoping we get there by 2:30. We'll have checked luggage to retrieve and we will be taking their bus. I read somewhere on Carnival's site that flights should be arranged for no later than 2:30 arrival time in Miami, so we should be ok, but I just hope Monday's traffic won't be horrible.

Will the ship's terminal be busy at that time or will the majority of the crowds already be checked in and on board by then? Thanks.

Some times getting luggage in Miami is a bit slow, but you should have your bags no more than 30 - 40 minutes after you land. I can't tell you when you will get to the port because there is no way to know how long you will sit on the Carnival bus before you leave the airport.

If it were me I would forget about carnival transportation and get a cab. it is a flat fee of $24 for the cab and the ride is about 10 - 12 minutes. Traffic in Miami is a bit crazy, but unless there is an accident the middle of the afternoon moves quickly.

Using a cab and you can be at the port and on the ship 90 minutes after you land!

PLEASE IGNORE ALL OF THE NEIGHSAYERS. YOU WILL BE ON BOARD WITH PLENTY OF TIME TO SPARE UNLESS YOUR FLIGHT IS MORE THAN 2 HOURS LATE.

Is it $24 per person in the taxi? We are a family of four. Or just $24 for the four of us? Will I have difficulty getting a taxi once we are there? Are there plenty of them waiting around? I'm now considering it. I did arrange for the Carnival shuttle. Can I cancel it out through my TA? I haven't paid for it yet. I want to do the best thing timewise.

Taxis are everywhere. The fee is $24 per cab. Yes you can and should cancel the carnival shuttle. and please ignore most of the information you are gettingin this thread, most of it is simply WRONG!

Archived