Floatplanes in Ketchikan-who to use??

Jmaison

I have flown with Carlin Air, Southeast Aviation and Island Wings. You never see bad reviews on Misty Fjords flightseeing. :) So book who fits your timeframe best. But I would verify- that they let you OUT Of the plane onto land in the fjords, if this is important for you?

Out of those companys, I would go with Southeast Aviation as my first choice. Jerry Scadero is the pilot. He has flown for many many years. You can call the office ahead and book the flight with Coz. I have taken this flight with this company and will be using them when 15 of my familys members show up here on a cruise ship this summer eek.gif my second choice would be with Jeff with Carlin Air. He is who my dad flys with to get him and his clients out to the mistys Hunting big game

Thans for the replies. We would like to get out and be able to walk around a bit so it looks like Carlin would be better than Southeast. They don't mention any landing during the flight.

For clairfication, my last trip was with Southeast Aviation and indeed we had at least 45 min. to walk around off the plane in Misty Fjords.

• 2 weeks later...

Family Air rocks if you want to be in a small group. Plus Dave, the pilot is a hoot.

Taquan Air, Island wings, Southeast Aviation and Carlin Air are all excellent operators. You can't go wrong with any of them. And if the weather is bad they

will cancel. No since in trying to fly to Misty if you can't see anything. That is

just part of life in Southeast Alaska.

• 1 year later...

Bearbait: I'm havong a problem getting Family Air to mail info due April 30th. Wrote 10days ago & still no response. I know I saw good revues b4 I booked but can't get a response on current Alaska site. Yours is the first site on search. I know this is not one the BQ recommends. We did pay up front for a 15% discount back in Jan. for 9/06 flight. Plz tell me they are still in business & a legit business! TIA

Archived